• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
3987CF79-AC2E-44BF-BB60-EF613B9DEC70.jpeg

Starting off my work week with this one.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right, thanks for the reminder. When I posted the answer I should have added that the "b" stood for "balance" (between the visual size (the actual size being the same) of the 2 sub-dials).

Also, I agree with you regarding exotic skins, not only on watch straps. But sadly I have not always abided by that philosophy, although as time goes on the few exotic straps I have are now my least favorite.

On this watch, even with the two Nomos straps (not exotics, Nomos' Shell Cordovan), I returned an unused $$$ blue croco strap and really do far prefer the Eulit Kristall 99% of the time (+: year-round warm-weather climate helps ;-) in lieu of the croco) on it.

View attachment 1596278

View attachment 1596282

Wow. He (Philip, DoE) really said that? :eek2:
Been wanting a Tangente power reserve but I juust don't know how it would look on my wrist.

dan'l

Reaction score
Have any of you sent in your Rolex direct to the RSC for repair/service? If yes, how’d you send it (FedEx, UPS, etc.)?

If you contact RSC, they send you a kit to pack up the watch, but the owner is responsible for organizing the shipping, hence my question.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven`t used RSC. Sent my vintage ones to Nesbit. Sending my two modern Rolexes to Nesbit as well.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you sent in your Rolex direct to the RSC for repair/service? If yes, how’d you send it (FedEx, UPS, etc.)?

If you contact RSC, they send you a kit to pack up the watch, but the owner is responsible for organizing the shipping, hence my question.

I always make a trip to NYC to drop it off and do some shopping. I don't like shipping my watches if I don't have to. Luckily, I'm within driving distance. I know they used to says send it USPS Registered mail, overnight, but last time I was at a US post office they told someone right now they were not doing overnight shipping. Don't know if that has changed.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I sent mine to RUSA NY in 2016, it went USPS certified/registered as they recommended. Check with Roelx for a value to declare. For instance, my GMTIIC cost me ~$5K in 2008 but they valued it at $8800 in 2016. I saved this pdf with packing & mailing instructions. Rolex sent it to me prior to shipping.

rusa1.jpg
rusa2.jpg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I noticed something that I don’t think Rolex has talked about at all: All post 2021 watches have a new form of underside AR coating. We all knew the new 41mm Subs had them, but I just noticed that my new Pepsi has it, too. Pretty cool.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always make a trip to NYC to drop it off and do some shopping. I don't like shipping my watches if I don't have to. Luckily, I'm within driving distance. I know they used to says send it USPS Registered mail, overnight, but last time I was at a US post office they told someone right now they were not doing overnight shipping. Don't know if that has changed.

I’m fortunate that we have one in Chicago but otherwise, I’m with you. I’d be a bit nervous about boxing it up and sending it USPS.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this new limited edition Sinn 144 chronograph?

sinn
sinn

I go back and forth on whether I like the typical Sinn aesthetic. This one is borderline too tacticool, but there's something about it I sort of like. MSRP is $3,470, 41mm, limited edition of 600.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sinn
sinn

I go back and forth on whether I like the typical Sinn aesthetic. This one is borderline too tacticool, but there's something about it I sort of like. MSRP is $3,470, 41mm, limited edition of 600.

Reminds me of the Porsche Design watches, which I think I would prefer

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sinn
sinn

Hmmm. I agree with you on the "too tacticool" aspect.

I like Sinn a lot, but I think that model especially is one which really suffers from the all-black case. Often on Damasko (especially, as their ice-hardened cases are even more unique in terms of color than Sinn's tegimented) and Sinn, the all-black Damest cases leave me a bit meh, somehow disappointing and less satisfying than the cases that originally brought them where they are today. I also find the panda distracting on this dial. The whole thing ends up feeling too "un-Sinn" to me.

I do like the 144 St DIAPAL all-stainless, on the bracelet (not a fan of a strap on that case/lugs).

Sinn 144.png

Have you looked also at Damasko DC86, DC58, or DC6x?

Last edited:

Bartolo

Reaction score

sinn
sinn

I have to say I vastly prefer my IWC Top Gun chrono. Even though I almost always prefer bracelets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics