• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish that ALS would offer face swaps to Lange 1 owners

Hadn’t thought about that. That would make a lot of sense.

My only skepticism with this one stems from the size. Maybe the Little Lange 1 is a wee bit too little. Would like to see this in person, under any circumstance.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I was watching one of the videos from W&W, ALS CEO said they have to make a few to get a perfect dial... I suspect if they sell it it would cost a pretty penny...

Gabagool

Reaction score
How long does it take for new watches to have available supply amongst ADs? I have called up so many ADs looking for the new Tudor Black Bay Chrono and none have any. I don't have a history with any of them, so I guess it's exclusive until it's not?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for new watches to have available supply amongst ADs? I have called up so many ADs looking for the new Tudor Black Bay Chrono and none have any. I don't have a history with any of them, so I guess it's exclusive until it's not?
My AD had both the black and white dials. Saw them in the flesh. They’re quite nice.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Umm... there's a 1 year wait list even for the Zenith Chronomaster Sport... pre-covid I was at Frankfurt airport they're selling select Zenith models at 40% off...

Watch market is super hot right now let alone Rolex/Tudor.

Gabagool

Reaction score
Umm... there's a 1 year wait list even for the Zenith Chronomaster Sport... pre-covid I was at Frankfurt airport they're selling select Zenith models at 40% off...

Watch market is super hot right now let alone Rolex/Tudor.

Haha, that's madness. I have a buddy whose dad works in jewellery, so I'm hoping he can pull some strings for me while I sit on literally every wait list around me.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My AD had both the black and white dials. Saw them in the flesh. They’re quite nice.

My experience mirrors @George Red 's, as far as Tudors. I went to my AD on April 7 (when the new watches were revealed) and he said they'd have them on the 9th. I went in the 9th, and I was shown both. Agree with @George Red they are quite nice. I'm not in the market for them, so I didn't ask, but the AD showing them to me unsolicited seemed to imply I could buy them right there and they weren't on hold for anyone.

Availability probably depends on a number of factors, like most things.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
5A206B4E-B351-4747-8B61-0AEC8896E3B6.jpeg

emptym

Reaction score
... The GLC Memovoxes have alarms. I’m surprised there aren’t more alarm watches given that it’s one of the most useful...
+1 If I could only have two, it would be these, but I could trade the Cricket for a Memovox:
IMG_9474.jpeg
IMG_9473.jpeg

an draoi

Reaction score
Now that lockdown is over, I had a chance to look at a few watches. Decided 36mm was a little small in person, and had a look at this and a Sub. They were basically the same price and I really wasn’t a fan of the cyclops, so, here it is.

View attachment 1595347
This is super. Is it an older reference (no idea of the number, sorry) without ROLEXROLEXROLEX on the rehaut? I've looked at one of these previously.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That engraving looks to my untrained-re-engraving eye very well done, but it also sadly reminds me of a time I was in the Ferrari factory, where I watched a custom order being readied for shipment. It was a beautiful Maranello 575M in blue...but...14 different effing shades of blue. It rendered the sublime into the hideous. Even the Ferrari person I was with said to me, "And this is evidence that just because one can...".
It's a different level of consumption and purpose. To make an analogy in your field, whilst most people today would prefer a nice Renaissance Revival pastiche, it is the Gehry train crashes that will make it to the history and coffee table books and be referred to as art, Roger Scruton notwithstanding*. This is not mind you to say that the art world can be devoid of classicism, it's just that the classic space is already taken and novelty has to be mined on the boundaries. If you want a prime example in the watch world look up Arnold Putra on Instagram.

I'm aware my analogy is imperfect: where does one fit Foster + Partners? I guess you can do something more mainstream if you are yourself so established that the projects bring the meaning not through novelty but through their global identity, history and context (Reichstag) or once-in-a-generation scale (Millau). But this does not explain Santiago Calatrava.

* a long time ago I talked to the founding partner of a civil engineering firm, firmly in the Scruton camp, who pretended not to understand why a professional engineer would willingly work at a place like Arup when they could be lovingly crafting marble spiral staircases. He had to pay the bills so I think the 9th floor of their office was dedicated to skyscrapers and other "incomprehensible" projects. He drew an analogy with Beethoven 5 being built with just a few motives, but as a contemporary music composing and playing musician who hadn't yet read Scruton and his ilk, I couldn't help but think about how innovative and shocking Beethoven was for his time.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am so happy that someone picked up on that :happy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads