• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, a happy Friday indeed !

View attachment 1594855
Well, hell, at this point, after the last 6+ pages….

As long as that is an actual photograph made by an actual owner of their actual watch?, and not just more typically tedious predictably pedantic pompous philosophical sputtering by yooknowhoo and his infinite obsession with self-centered thread derailment ?, I’ll take it, whole-cloth and such relief, without question or judgment (I like it very much btw) and even moreso applaud and respect your own happiness and joy.

In a watch thread especially, I really do yearn for much less ****, even if the substitute would be only more Shinola.

Have a great weekend, everyone else.

ronscuba

Reaction score
I just had a very nice New York strip steak. It hit the spot. All steak is good and I will not judge your preference. Unless your favorite is filet mignon, in which case I will side-eye you and chuckle softly under my breath.
Bone in ribeye. Porterhouse is good too because you get both the NY strip and the filet.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a very nice New York strip steak. It hit the spot. All steak is good and I will not judge your preference. Unless your favorite is filet mignon, in which case I will side-eye you and chuckle softly under my breath.

I prefer a ribeye. I just like a more tender steak - I am a lazy eater - and I like the marbling. But a NY strip is often my second choice.

I do it in a combination of ways I learned from Brazilian and Argentinian friends - Dredged in a light olive oil and then very generously salted at the last minute, and a hard sear on one side, then the other, Rest for 5 minutes, then sliced. I can usually get a 1.5" steak to a pretty solid medium rare pink throughout with a nice crust. I'm less confident with a thinner or thicker steak. My ability to determine doneness with a prod test is just not as honed for a 2" or slim 1" steak, and sometimes I undershoot to rare or overshoot to medium. I'll work on that. Sometimes a chimuchurri to go with that. Sometimes just a spritz of lime to cut the fat . Always fresh bread with olive oil or saffron rice,l or both.

No watch today except for the timer on on the rower. After two days of rest after the second shot, I'm back baby. Not my fastest speeds ever, but I'd peaked myself two weeks ago in anticipation for a recuperation week this week anyway.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You all know I love Patek, but I’ve always said they commit their fair share of snafus. What makes them great and deserving of their status is when they get it just right. Patek at it’s best is maybe unbeatable, but then they also made the tentacle monster that @Ambulance Chaser posted.
do you mean the 5960G is tentacle monster :)? if so, I agree one of the most terrible PPs - no wonder it's available and sitting in AD cases.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Seamaster gets no credit!
I was under the impression the two Pepsis and the RO were recent pickups.

Your Seamaster:

1618618569304.png

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sake of argument, say there are the effortful and effortless when it comes to style. Then, within each of those categories, there are those who benefit from discourse and those who do not.

"Then" is ambiguous. If it's supposed to indicate an inference, what follows it is a non sequitur. If it just indicates a conjunction, what follows it is an unsupported assertion.

I also think there's reason to think the assertion is false: as I understand it, the effortless-recherché distinction is meant to indicate precisely that one type of stylish person typically doesn't need or benefit from discourse, whereas the other one does. I make no claims about whether one is superior.

The above position is neutral on the question whether style is subjective or objective--a distinction which, like the one between fact and opinion and other similar ones, is too complex to be usefully deployed in this kind of conversation.

Last edited:

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as that is an actual photograph made by an actual owner of their actual watch?, and not just more typically tedious predictably pedantic pompous philosophical sputtering by yooknowhoo and his infinite obsession with self-centered thread derailment ?, I’ll take it, whole-cloth and such relief, without question or judgment

I wonder whether, from a hygiene perspective, a separate thread for abstract watch discussions wouldn't indeed be better than the intermittent fights on here. I made such a thread: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-watch-discussion-thread.683883/

To kick it off I asked the classic one-watch collection question, and made a suggestion. It's a watch I've not seen discussed here.

Shall we move the quasi-philosophical discussions there?

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Nice. Is that a suede strap? How do you like it?

Yessir. It’s suede, from B & R Bands. 19 mm size, which can occasionally be more difficult to find. And yeah I have been quite pleased with it so far...it’s been in place for several months. I tend to rotate multiple watches (and even straps amongst those watches!) so it won't ever get super-heavy wear.

Still loving the Polerouter too ? The next combo I will probably try on that one is a vintage-style beads of rice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads