• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget blue dial Seamaster from James Bond! That's why I have a blue dial Seamaster Pro.

At the time, my Seamaster only came equipped with the Bond bracelet (I had the black dial version). I traded with a guy on timezone for his "Speedy" style bracelet. Omega eventually listened and started offering it with the better looking (IMO) bracelet not long after.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks great. Would need a side-by-side pic to appreciate the differences but if you like the watch more with the changes, seems like a good deal with the costs involved. I have a PM Daytona coming in shortly but I still lust for the SS.

Thanks. I posted some pre-mod pics elsewhere, but really you can just look at any unmodified ceramic Daytona for reference.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uggh. More fake news.

Of course blue dial watches have been popular for a long time. What you two are missing is the sudden spike of interest in blue dial Datejusts resembling Biden’s over the past few months. Look at market prices and availability. Nobody can absolutely prove cause and effect here, but it also seems like a silly coincidence to believe in.

Steel DJs have been hard to get for quite a while...nothing to do with Biden. So if you couldn't get any steel DJs at most places for quite a while...how can you have a spike in blue DJs when they aren't around period?

Edit...fine maybe used prices show some interest, but is it drastically higher than black or other colors?

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the time, my Seamaster only came equipped with the Bond bracelet (I had the black dial version). I traded with a guy on timezone for his "Speedy" style bracelet. Omega eventually listened and started offering it with the better looking (IMO) bracelet not long after.
Omega is great with changing straps and bracelets. I was debating between the Speedmaster style or Aqua Terra bracelet for my Bond Seamaster. I went with the AT since almost everyone else does the Speedmaster style if they switch bracelets.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omega is great with changing straps and bracelets. I was debating between the Speedmaster style or Aqua Terra bracelet for my Bond Seamaster. I went with the AT since almost everyone else does the Speedmaster style if they switch bracelets.
Speaking of swapping bracelets and straps, I'm VERY intrigued to try the new IWC automatic strap/bracelet removal system. Such a good idea (and their micro-extension system at the clasp is amazing, too).

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Steel DJs have been hard to get for quite a while...nothing to do with Biden. So if you couldn't get any steel DJs at most places for quite a while...how can you have a spike in blue DJs when they aren't around period?

Edit...fine maybe used prices show some interest, but is it drastically higher than black or other colors?

Look at new/unworn prices on Chrono24. Silver dial Datejust with batons and plain bezel has been flat over the past 2-3 months. Same version with blue dial is up ~10%.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People don't seem to care a bit about the influencer aspect though, they just want to fight with him. It's exhausting trying to read this thread right now because only 1 out of every 10 posts is of even the slightest interest. I don't find @TheFoo to blame, more so the people who can't just let him write stuff and ignore it.

this comment didn’t age well

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at new/unworn prices on Chrono24. Silver dial Datejust with batons and plain bezel has been flat over the past 2-3 months. Same version with blue dial is up ~10%.

I think everyone agrees that the blue dial has been popular, and has become more popular. Biden as the catalyst for the rise in price/demand seems flimsy at best according to your own thread-to-press accounts.

Honestly, can you entertain the possibility that Biden has had very little to do with any increase?

Do you attribute similarly direct correlations/causations to other watches that have significantly risen in price/demand over the past 2-3 months?

edit: to be clear I’m not simply trying to be contrarian here, I totally buy the earlier assertions that John Mayer had an impact on the rainbow and green dial tona...the Biden thing just doesn’t seem like a thing (especially in the way folks that have expressed interest in blue djs...)

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the blue dial was talked about on /r/WallStreetBets a few weeks ago

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think everyone agrees that the blue dial has been popular, and has become more popular. Biden as the catalyst for the rise in price seems flimsy at best according to your own thread-to-press accounts.

Honestly, can you accept that it is possible Biden has very little to do with any increase?

Do you attribute similarly direct correlations/causations to other watches that have significantly risen in price over the past 2-3 months
the blue dial was talked about on /r/WallStreetBets a few weeks ago
I’m guessing the Wall Street Bets crew love Biden...haha

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think everyone agrees that the blue dial has been popular, and has become more popular. Biden as the catalyst for the rise in price seems flimsy at best according to your own thread-to-press accounts.

Honestly, can you accept that it is possible Biden has very little to do with any increase?

Do you attribute similarly direct correlations/causations to other watches that have significantly risen in price/demand over the past 2-3 months?

I gave you data points indicating otherwise. Blue dial Datejusts have gone up more in price than others since inauguration. This correlates with the hype on social media since that time.

Of course, like I said before, I cannot prove cause and effect. I can only make observations and educated guesses. The real question is why you are so tenacious about arguing with me when you have zero information or reasoning to refute my claims.

This is like when everyone said my Daytona couldn’t possibly exist because my purported experience doesn’t align with the myth-based beliefs of those who haven’t yet figured out how to get one for themselves.

Ridiculous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads