• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LOL.

This is the best watch thread on the internet thanks to its cast of characters, your company included. To name a few:

George Red - Senior law partner who never bothers to read what is written to him; excellent taste and collection
Dino - Never loses patience with idiots; also excellent taste and collection
TheFoo - Village idiot who somehow passed the NY bar; mediocre investment banker with modest budget yet big fish; peak Patek and Prosche
Riva - Sorely missed
Medwed - Probably dead from vodka poisoning or in Siberian prison; trolls better than TheFoo
am55 - Most cultured man on StyleForum (voxsartoria included)
9thsymph - better education than TheFoo; total savage
Chocomallo - Idiot and asshole (bit part)

Foo is like top five members on here man. I only wish he posted in clothing threads, as I don't really keep up with watches or cars. Foo clothing threads were so good -- a mix of community, humor, a bit of learning (red lines!), knowledge, more jokes, delicious schadenfreude, absurd quotes, memes, stupid arguments, someone flipping out, petty rivalries, aspirational consumerism, etc. Honestly the best internet material.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foo is like top five members on here man. I only wish he posted in clothing threads, as I don't really keep up with watches or cars. Foo clothing threads were so good -- a mix of community, humor, a bit of learning (red lines!), knowledge, more jokes, delicious schadenfreude, absurd quotes, memes, stupid arguments, someone flipping out, petty rivalries, aspirational consumerism, etc. Honestly the best internet material.

I think you misunderstood my post. I have enjoyed TheFoo on this forum over the years. He is a gem to the forum.

But I just happen to disagree with him on watches from time to time. As evidenced by our back and forth from time to time. I have complimented him on numerous occasions. His ego does not allow for reciprocation, though.

I also learned a lot from your separate blog. I actually bought a Macintosh quilted jacket from Unionmadegoods based on one of your blog posts about seven years ago. Still wear it regularly.

Just having a bit of fun and complimenting some of the folks that make this thread so fun. It is the only one I check daily.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL.

This is the best watch thread on the internet thanks to its cast of characters, your company included. To name a few:

George Red - Senior law partner who never bothers to read what is written to him; excellent taste and collection
TheFoo - Village idiot who somehow passed the NY bar; mediocre investment banker with modest budget yet big fish; peak Patek and Prosche
Riva - Sorely missed
Medwed - Probably dead from vodka poisoning or in Siberian prison; trolls better than TheFoo
9thsymph - Better education than TheFoo; total savage

SF would have ceased to exist without Foo

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing all these cool Speedmasters had me thinking to add a strap as an option to my bracelet. Come to find Omega has a good selection and nice feature to see what the strap will look like on my exact watch. Decisions decisions....

View attachment 1565519

I think OEM straps are the biggest ripoff in the watch game. What's Omega selling those for? $500? Why pay OEM markups when you can get excellent straps for (a still absurd) $200 all over the place?

Edit to add: I have a nice shell cordovan watch strap that I got from Hodinkee for ~$200 a few years ago. But think about the amount of leather and craftsmanship required to make a watch strap, compared to a pair of shoes. Every time I wonder why a pair of Aldens cost $700 I look down at my wrist and stop wondering.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL.

Riva - Sorely missed
9thsymph - Better education than TheFoo; total savage

I just woke up and this is the first thing I read all day. Got a real chuckle out of it.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can tell you’re in law school because you put an unnecessary comma before “here.”

I also don't think that citation at the end of his post conforms to the Bluebook. Kiss a judicial clerkship goodbye!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads