• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the new release Cintree. I have my one Tank (rose gold large manual wind LC) but if I was in the market, I'd be looking at the new Cintree pretty intently.

edit: pic:

D8H_3580.jpg

feels unobtanium

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think TheFoo is in intensive care after this savaging by 9thsymph, but I am cheering for TheFoo to bounce back hale as ever with a new 5170G to boot:
In praise of Foo, some Joseph Conrad:
"For my own part, from a short and cursory acquaintance with my kind, I am inclined to think that the last utterance will formulate, strange as it may appear, some hope now to us utterly inconceivable. For mankind is delightful in its pride, its assurance, and its indomitable tenacity. It will sleep on the battlefield among its own dead, in the manner of an army having won a barren victory. It will not know when it is beaten. And perhaps it is right in that quality. The victories are not, perhaps, so barren as it may appear from a purely strategical, utilitarian point of view. Mr. [F.] seems to hold that belief. Nobody has rendered better, perhaps, the tenacity of temper, or known how to drape the robe of spiritual honour about the drooping form of a victor in a barren strife. And the honour is always well won; for the struggles Mr. [F.] chronicles with such subtle and direct insight are, though only personal contests, desperate in their silence, none the less heroic (in the modern sense) for the absence of shouted watchwords, clash of arms and sound of trumpets. Those are adventures in which only choice souls are ever involved. And Mr. [F.] records them with a fearless and insistent fidelity to the PERIPETIES of the contest, and the feelings of the combatants."

As for 9th's promiscuous yet dark words, more Schubert than Beethoven, I had hoped for a Drydenesque repartie, something like:
"Well, if it be my fortune to be made a cuckold, I had rather thou should'st make me one, than any one in Sicily; and, for my comfort, I shall have thee oftener than any of thy servants."

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw that BWF wants $6.6k for this BG951001 (actually, ~$15k on the Chinese site):

1611666072929.png

No information, no movement photo, although they did take the time to tell us the name sounds like "eminent". But gold case, an ETA 7001 movement (unmodified?), and a remarkably neat and uncluttered design given the other attempts at depicting stuff on the dials by the brand (IMO they do much better with the Bauhaus and minimalist-modern designs). I'm quite curious now. Has anyone heard of it or seen one in the wild?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw that BWF wants $6.6k for this BG951001 (actually, ~$15k on the Chinese site):

View attachment 1543036

No information, no movement photo, although they did take the time to tell us the name sounds like "eminent". But gold case, an ETA 7001 movement (unmodified?), and a remarkably neat and uncluttered design given the other attempts at depicting stuff on the dials by the brand (IMO they do much better with the Bauhaus and minimalist-modern designs). I'm quite curious now. Has anyone heard of it or seen one in the wild?

No but it’s grotesque.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 1543036

What am I missing here?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're most definitely not the target market. @Riva perhaps

For you I have this:

For ***** and giggles I submitted an online form asking about the waitlist for a Series 2.

He's asking if anyone has heard of the brand or seen it IRL. It's right there in his post:

Has anyone heard of it or seen one in the wild?

Seems like it should be disqualified right off the bat. $6-7K buys a lot of watch from a better known maker with better mechanicals.

rodgers12

Reaction score
Stopped by my local Patek/Rolex AD a bit ago to find out that they've lost their Patek account (despite a 20+ year relationship). Something to do with Patek preferring bigger cities/markets :(

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by my local Patek/Rolex AD a bit ago to find out that they've lost their Patek account (despite a 20+ year relationship). Something to do with Patek preferring bigger cities/markets :(

Yeah, not surprised, in recent years Rolex and Patek have ended relationships with several smaller ADs. A small single store AD where my Dad purchased 4 Patek's over the years is no longer a Patek AD (and they had been a Patek AD for 30+ years).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AP is also essentially pulling everyone's AD status and moving closer to a boutique only model.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s happened already.
The Houston AD hasn't lost their status yet. I think they may be like one of two or three AD's left in the US. Unfortunately, all they get now are ladies RO or ROO. They don't really get anything good anymore.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Houston AD hasn't lost their status yet. I think they may be like one of two or three AD's left in the US. Unfortunately, all they get now are ladies RO or ROO. They don't really get anything good anymore.

Sounds like they’ve already been sentenced.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm surprised they are still an AD. It was my understanding the only "ADs" that would be allowed to carry the brand were those that partnered with AP to open an AP Boutique. A owner of a shop that was an AP AD, and which currently carries VC, Lange, FPJ, IWC, JLC, Piaget, Omega, Chopard, Panerai, etc.) was telling me and a friend the cost of going into that venture was just too cost prohibitive and not worth it for them. AP ended up opening their own boutique about 3 blocks away from them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads