• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the new release Cintree. I have my one Tank (rose gold large manual wind LC) but if I was in the market, I'd be looking at the new Cintree pretty intently.

edit: pic:

D8H_3580.jpg

Last edited:

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are just the kind of customer Patek wants its AD to sell a shop worn chrono at a discount and then invite to Geneva for the red carpet treatment. "You never actually own a Patek Philippe, you're just wearing it for your wife's boyfriend until he finishes ******* her."
I'm completely lost what happened here over the weekend ?????

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As people have been talking about the President's blue dial steel DJ, here is the Vice President and her watch.

1611598708157.png

I've also seen a photo of her wearing an all steel Cartier Roadster.

I am a big fan of the new release Cintree. I have my one Tank (rose gold large manual wind LC) but if I was in the market, I'd be looking at the new Cintree pretty intently.

edit: pic:

D8H_3580.jpg

Great watch! It's slightly longer than the original, but its a very accurate to the original, leaving Swiss Made off the dial and without the traditional "Cartier secret signature" that has been on their Roman numeral dials for a few decades now. With only 150 being produced I imagine it will sell out quickly, if it hasn't already sold out. From what I understand customers in Asia already started taking delivery even before the model was announced.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am seriously considering the IWC IW500714 and I am able to get it from an AD at a discount. Are there similar watches I should be considering?

View attachment 1542072

I decided to go with this one. The AD had to order it from IWC so it may take a while to arrive as they are behind schedule.

Last edited:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with this one. The AD had to order it from IWC so it may take a while to arrive as they are behind schedule.
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing a wrist shot soon. I'd also like to see how the dial looks in natural light.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many see it as a dress watch, but I find it very versatile and I wear it with casual wear also.

It (and its ancestry) is definitely the one-watch for a significant number of French men particularly from larger cities, and indeed worn with everything up to and including on the beach. Almost a dress code in some circles.

That being said many of my American friends could not understand how such a "feminine" design could be worn by a man. So, worth keeping context in mind, sometimes the sub/speedie is the more appropriate choice.

I did not know they had released a skeleton model! I like its sparse presentation.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing a wrist shot soon. I'd also like to see how the dial looks in natural light.

I am assuming it is not as vibrant. They had the 40 automatic blue one in stock and it was not as vibrant as shown in the pictures. The green chronograph was closer in color to the pictures.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9thsymph called TheFoo a troll and TheFoo went nuclear by talking about someone ******* 9thsymph's wife. Then revelry ensued. It was a laugh riot.
Now, it's all quiet on the western front.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now, it's all quiet on the western front.

I think TheFoo is in intensive care after this savaging by 9thsymph, but I am cheering for TheFoo to bounce back hale as ever with a new 5170G to boot:

Haha...Yeah, I'm actually not really sure.

For context, though, the "joke" about tailoring was written by the fellow pictured below and triggered by me facetiously challenging his self-appointed superiority (look, nothing is really going to solve this kid's problems. For example, you can put an asshole baby yoda in a rubinacci suit and have his wife lend him a patek, but you're still going to end up dealing with an asshole baby yoda on an allowance. This guy hates himself and tries to buy, flex and argue away his issues. His "research" and "experience" [quality, price, pedigree, etc] help him rationalize to himself and disguise to others his disorders, but there are never reasonble ends to discussions with this guy [well, unless you confirm his bias, I suppose]. Therapy would probably be the best option, staying off the internet might be another, but let's just slap a gold daytona on that wrist, enjoy the insanity, and call it a day):

View attachment 1541951

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It (and its ancestry) is definitely the one-watch for a significant number of French men particularly from larger cities, and indeed worn with everything up to and including on the beach. Almost a dress code in some circles.

That being said many of my American friends could not understand how such a "feminine" design could be worn by a man. So, worth keeping context in mind, sometimes the sub/speedie is the more appropriate choice.

I did not know they had released a skeleton model! I like its sparse presentation.

I don't know any French men, but it has been the choice of many men and celebrities for over 100 years. I think the design is very versatile due to its very simple design, no bezel, no fussy lugs, just the essentials. I own a Submariner, but I find this just as masculine. It simply has a different purpose, as it isn't a sports watch.

I haven't tried the skeleton Tank on, but I like it at least in the abstract. People often love skeleton watches until they put them on and realize when wearing it your see your skin and wrist hairs when looking down at it. Still its a very cool watch.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know any French men, but it has been the choice of many men and celebrities for over 100 years. I think the design is very versatile due to its very simple design, no bezel, no fussy lugs, just the essentials. I own a Submariner, but I find this just as masculine. It simply has a different purpose, as it isn't a sports watch.

I haven't tried the skeleton Tank on, but I like it at least in the abstract. People often love skeleton watches until they put them on and realize when wearing it your see your skin and wrist hairs when looking down at it. Still its a very cool watch.
Yes, definitely, but what is different with this skeleton is that it is relatively small, with high walls and little open space; this means in the dim lighting indoors the inside of the watch is darkened, a bit like bokkeh in photography, with the components standing out. From Hodinkee:

1611615198618.png

Contrast with the wide open area and thus proportionally less tall mysterious collection from a few years ago where the effect you talk about is in full display (photo from aBlogToWatch):

1611615329302.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads