• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, now you were just trolling? Lol. Sort of like when you caught that dude ************ wife, and you backed up against the wall, and said out loud to yourself “no, this is good — she needs a real man,” and waited for them to finish before politely excusing yourself? Or more like when you suggested there was something interesting about a late model, blue-dialed Datejust?

YES...THE TEARS...THE TEARS...KEEP FEEDING ME THE TEARS....

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haha! My little dude, I went to better schools than you, have better degrees than you - a better job than you and am not an infamous laughingstock on multiple forums. My vice is your tears. Glorious!

And yet your tailor is A&S alum? Jeezus what went wrong?

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.

The EP has always had larger registers and they chose to modify the hour markers accordingly - with 3 and 9 matching and 4 and 8 matching. Is this supposed to be some sort of gotcha like the people who criticize the 4130 movement for not centering the 3 and 9 subdials? I'm genuinely asking.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.

The EP has always had larger registers and they chose to modify the hour markers accordingly - with 3 and 9 matching and 4 and 8 matching. Is this supposed to be some sort of gotcha like the people who criticize the 4130 movement for not centering the 3 and 9 subdials? I'm genuinely asking.
The 4 o’clock hour marker is LITERALLY UPSIDE DOWN, bro.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 4 o’clock hour marker is LITERALLY UPSIDE DOWN, bro.

Is that not just the lighting? Obviously if it was attached incorrectly it would be a problem, but that's still not a design flaw just a remarkably poor effort with a preproduction sample.

Looks fine here:
Zenith-Chronomaster-Sport-El-Primero-3600-03.3100.360069.M3100-00014.jpg

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, now you were just trolling? Lol. Sort of like when you caught that dude ************ wife, and you backed up against the wall, and said out loud to yourself “no, this is good — she needs a real man,” and waited for them to finish before politely excusing yourself? Or more like when you suggested there was something interesting about a late model, blue-dialed Datejust?

You are just the kind of customer Patek wants its AD to sell a shop worn chrono at a discount and then invite to Geneva for the red carpet treatment. "You never actually own a Patek Philippe, you're just wearing it for your wife's boyfriend until he finishes ******* her."

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visited a local watch shop/ authorized Patek dealer in Boston. They are closing that branch, and giving up their Patek franchise (not bothering to keep it for one of their other out of state branches). He said the clientele in wealthy suburban areas where their other store are located, just don't buy them. They still have a bunch of complicated pieces left, seems like 15% discount on several of them, although discounts vary according to what I was told. Suddenly, a guy walked into the store and shouted "Steel Nautilus?" The salesman said, "Sorry none." The guy walked right out the door. The salesman said to me, "It's like that all day long." The only models people care about now are the Nautilus and Aquanaut."

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's not on the thread title approved names, but...

What a beauty. GP makes great watches and at grey prices they are attractive options. I've had a little Richeville for about 12 years now and still love it. I quite like the Laureato. Haven't seen this one in person, but hope to one day.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visited a local watch shop/ authorized Patek dealer in Boston. They are closing that branch, and giving up their Patek franchise (not bothering to keep it for one of their other out of state branches). He said the clientele in wealthy suburban areas where their other store are located, just don't buy them. They still have a bunch of complicated pieces left, seems like 15% discount on several of them, although discounts vary according to what I was told. Suddenly, a guy walked into the store and shouted "Steel Nautilus?" The salesman said, "Sorry none." The guy walked right out the door. The salesman said to me, "It's like that all day long." The only models people care about now are the Nautilus and Aquanaut."

Do you think this is just a temporary trend or is Patek on an inevitable path to becoming another AP? It seems like the only brand that can still sell dress watches in volume is Cartier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads