• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5711 discontinued, womp womp.
Someone on the rolexforum posted the supposed leak of the updated 6711. It's a no-date blue dial in titanium and a no-date black dial in platinum. Size went up to 41mm.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone on the rolexforum posted the supposed leak of the updated 6711. It's a no-date blue dial in titanium and a no-date black dial in platinum. Size went up to 41mm.
saw that too, I doubt they going to only make the 6711 in TI and platinum. Maybe as a limited edition but who knows. Also, no date?!?!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not sure I get it. Sure all chronographs share some design elements by nature, but this is about as close to a knock off as one can get without actually being a knock off.

Even the bracelet is the same. I doubt someone holding out for a Daytona will just throw in the towel on the waiting and get this one because it’s “close enough.”

The bracelet is the "same", but it's not when you see those gaps.

That’s been a common observation. However, must keep in mind that Zenith/Heuer/Daytona chronographs all originate from the same era and all appeared very similar, with black bezels and high-contrast “panda” dials. It was just the fashion of the times. Rolex did not invent the look, though the Daytona has been the most consistent torchbearer. So these Zeniths are not necessarily copying the Daytona but just recalling their own heritage.

I'd say there are three design elements that for me are very similar. The bracelet, the bezel and the hour and minute hands. With regards to the bezel that isn't something that I'm too surprised by or I would hold them too. The bracelet to some degree but really the hand set for me is where it starts looking too Daytonaesque. I've not seen a lot of el Primeros with this overall look before. Either way, as I said, I don't think it really holds a candle to the Daytona in that side-by-side shot.

an draoi

Reaction score
saw that too, I doubt they going to only make the 6711 in TI and platinum. Maybe as a limited edition but who knows. Also, no date?!?!
If those pictures on rolexforums are correct, I have to admit the removal of the date window is an improvement.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quite the opposite - he bought something and was able to return it without hassle. That's a GREAT experience considering how much money was at play.

to my eye, considering how much money was at play, it should never have gotten to that.

But you’re right, at least he was made whole and that’s what’s important in the end.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If those pictures on rolexforums are correct, I have to admit the removal of the date window is an improvement.
I am kind of indifferent in regards to the date, but anyway, I will not own this watch any time soon because of how crazy it is to get one. It's cool to debate potential designs but it would be more fun if I could actually buy one from an AD (yes, I am frustrated :)
What I do want is an 5164A...

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to snag my 5711 a few years ago, back when it was merely expensive instead of ridiculous. I'm going to try and ignore the current value because otherwise I'll freak out when I wear it, which is often... I have three watches, none of which are safe queens, but maybe that will change if things keep going the way they are.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would be surprised if the “leaked” images and specs of the new Nautilus are real. Weirdest detail is returning to the old caliber 324 after already switching to the 330 in the current model. Why do that?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As much as I would prefer no date on my 5296, it “makes sense” on an everyday, go-to-work, businessy watch. Nautilus is supposed to be about luxurious leisure—for wearing near water but not in water, like when hanging out on your yacht with your favorite mistress. Why the **** do you need a date on that kind of watch???

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am kind of indifferent in regards to the date, but anyway, I will not own this watch any time soon because of how crazy it is to get one. It's cool to debate potential designs but it would be more fun if I could actually buy one from an AD (yes, I am frustrated :)
What I do want is an 5164A...
I want a 5167R. I remember seeing one in Tiffany’s at the Houston Galleria several years ago. If only I had $30k to buy.

an draoi

Reaction score
As much as I would prefer no date on my 5296, it “makes sense” on an everyday, go-to-work, businessy watch. Nautilus is supposed to be about luxurious leisure—for wearing near water but not in water, like when hanging out on your yacht with your favorite mistress. Why the **** do you need a date on that kind of watch???
Even days, mistress. Odd days, wife.

Obviously.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the **** do you need a date on that kind of watch???

To let you know when vacation is over!

But realistically, my Nautilus is a daily wearer. Initially, before I bought it, I thought I would have preferred it without a date as well. But based on how I wear it, I'm glad it has a date.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads