• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just put a band on my two tone sub. Really liking it so far.

C0-E0-B9-B0-71-DF-4873-A932-53-A7-FFFA5250.jpg

Looks way better than the 2 tone bracelet IMHO.

Where did you get this strap? Would be interested in one for my Sub.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MING is really good at creating demand through scarcity (both number of watches that are available at one time and that will be available total). They don't show up on the secondary market that often, and when they do, they are often selling above the original retail price.
I really like the MING 27.02. The pre-order for batch #2 (75 watches) sold out in two minutes today. It won't ship until November 2021. :fu: Definitely something I need to think about before the pre-order for batch #3 starts selling next Friday.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

by the looks of the pic he either worked really hard to get that watch on or someone very desperately tried to get it off of him.

-Skyfall-

Reaction score

Thanks. The strap is from RubberB. Really tones down the watch, and makes it look a bit more casual and sportier.

-Skyfall-

Reaction score
Did you have any problems attaching the rubberB strap? For my Milgauss it was near impossible, had to take it down the road to local jeweller to attach it (and he had to bend the pins).
I didn't even attempt it myself. Just took it down to the local jewelers and paid $14 to have him put it on. He seemed to have no issues with it though.

Reaction score
How do you like the size of it?

Perfect! For me at least. I’m really tall and have 7.5in wrists and large hands (I usually have to buy like XXL or XXXL gloves ). The 35 would have felt too small. I know a lot of people think the 38 is pretty big but it works great for me.

I love how thin the watch is. Having really only had divers before, this is a nice change.

OzWino

Reaction score
Perfect! For me at least. I’m really tall and have 7.5in wrists and large hands (I usually have to buy like XXL or XXXL gloves ). The 35 would have felt too small. I know a lot of people think the 38 is pretty big but it works great for me.

I love how thin the watch is. Having really only had divers before, this is a nice change.
Thanks @Diogenes Laertius. You sound like a similar size to me. The lug size was something that I think @pmeis had mentioned previously and I have started to now notice.

But myself being a big unit with smaller 7.25in wrists, i also think the 38mm makes sense too.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a fantastic magazine in Japan called Low Beat. Not sure how long it has been around, but I picked up the current No. 18 today. It’s probably the best reference I’ve seen. Rivals or betters Hodinkee reference points.

Multi page spread on Calatravas (many more pages than this):

7A274CAB-EF08-4259-AB92-AD350818AEC2.jpeg

Same issue with multi page spread on 5513 and other Subs including bracelet specific info:

35C65A26-7878-413A-B5C1-A15387466FBF.jpeg

And same issue covers dirty dozen:

47C1FBF2-A455-499E-A970-9C2510E5FF1C.jpeg

Pretty awesome. Only problem is you need to read Japanese. But tons of pictures so maybe worth regardless.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a fantastic magazine in Japan called Low Beat. Not sure how long it has been around, but I picked up the current No. 18 today. It’s probably the best reference I’ve seen. Rivals or betters Hodinkee reference points.

Multi page spread on Calatravas (many more pages than this):

View attachment 1537242

Same issue with multi page spread on 5513 and other Subs including bracelet specific info:

View attachment 1537244

And same issue covers dirty dozen:

View attachment 1537246

Pretty awesome. Only problem is you need to read Japanese. But tons of pictures so maybe worth regardless.
Linguistically challenged. My school-boy attempts at language were frightening!

Rather than subscribing to tomes of infinite pictorials, buy one of the stand alone editions devoted to a brand you love, with legible scripture. Just a thought.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linguistically challenged. My school-boy attempts at language were frightening!

Rather than subscribing to tomes of infinite pictorials, buy one of the stand alone editions devoted to a brand you love, with legible scripture. Just a thought.

To each his own. It’s more than infinite pictorials and has way more specifics than something like Hodinkee reference points. Point me to a source on Calatravas that has dozen of references with model numbers, sizes and calibers for under 20 bucks. Same for the dirty dozen that includes pics of the movements. I don’t think many books exist for most of this stuff and those that do are hundreds or thousands of dollars and many are probably out of print. But hey man, we can always defer to unsubstantiated internet experts like TheFoo. He is my go to after all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads