• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those words have jinxed you, now you will definitely fall in love with a 9th piece that has to be added to your collection ;) Looks great! Congrats and enjoy :cheers:
I'm thinking about a Czapek or a Ming. I know you would approve. :devil:

Alas, as much as I would love a new watch, I would love a new kitchen more.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Nice pickup, AC...really digging that big-eye look, along with their funky little seconds hand.

Wear it in good health!

Oh, and kitchens are overrated ;)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F9F8478E-2D3B-412D-8C85-000C4A3FAB0C.jpeg

By request, here is the SOTC. From left to right: vintage Girard-Perregaux dress watch, Glashutte Original Panomatic Date, Baltic Bi-Compax, vintage Zenith A385, Blancpain Aqua Lung, vintage LIP by Breitling chronograph, Oak & Oscar Batch No. 1, Aquastar Deepstar Re-edition. Not shown: Swatch Sistem 51, Seiko Orange Monster.

There is no wrong way to collect watches. Some people like a concentrated collection such as all black-dialed divers. I prefer a diverse collection where each watch is in its own "lane." To that end, each watch is from a different manufacturer. I have a balance between vintage (3) and modern (5), between manual (4) and automatic (4), and between microbrand (3) and major brand (5). As you can tell, I like chronographs, but they are all slightly different: dress, iconic (Zenith El Primero movement), pilot, racing, and diving.

I'm not sure where I want or need to go at this point. I'm happy with this collection, although something new and pretty always has the chance to catch my eye. :inlove:

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @Ambulance Chaser - great collection and some similarities with my approach. I lean towards sports watches too and like the mix of having the four sub categories covered - driving, flying, diving, yachting!
I like your collection too! I think you've posted it a few times.
@Ambulance Chaser nice stash bro.........are any of them PM?
The GP might be gold, but more likely gold plated. It was an eBay purchase. The bezel fell off and the watch needed major surgery to be saved. It's worth next to nothing but I enjoy wearing it. At 37mm, it's quite big for a vintage dress watch. All the rest are SS. The O&O is DLC plated.

So how about more SOTC pics, guys?

OzWino

Reaction score
@Ambulance Chaser fantastic diverse range you have there. Congrats.

With the Zenith, what year is that and how do you find it to wear? I was looking at a Heuer but the Zenith keep popping up, just too confuse me. I'm interested In your views on it.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your collection too! I think you've posted it a few times.

The GP might be gold, but more likely gold plated. It was an eBay purchase. The bezel fell off and the watch needed major surgery to be saved. It's worth next to nothing but I enjoy wearing it. At 37mm, it's quite big for a vintage dress watch. All the rest are SS. The O&O is DLC plated.

So how about more SOTC pics, guys?

Here you go.

EE19DECE-579B-42B1-B9AD-4B2C6D3582D6.jpeg

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of buying a Tank lately.

Passed on this 18K plated Tank the other day at €675...did I make a mistake? It was pretty beaten up but an attractive price for a classic.

11c8e841dbc1001d1fb5d71787b54bb6705734de.jpg

Same reverse as this I found:

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not an expensive price, but that looks super worn - almost museum piece, ha. I guess if you're going for that look, I could see it working. Kind of like an Andy Warhol vibe. The only other problem is that watch sizes are larger these days, so it'll look quite small most likely, maybe a touch feminine or at least 90s. Again, you can rock it with a certain wardrobe, but it kind of looks like a grandpa's watch.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not an expensive price, but that looks super worn - almost museum piece, ha. I guess if you're going for that look, I could see it working. Kind of like an Andy Warhol vibe. The only other problem is that watch sizes are larger these days, so it'll look quite small most likely, maybe a touch feminine or at least 90s. Again, you can rock it with a certain wardrobe, but it kind of looks like a grandpa's watch.

I don't mind that look to be fair. My other three watches are a 60s Omega Seamaster on a brown leather strap, IWC Mark XV recently changed from black buffalo deployant to a khaki NATO and an Apple Watch so trying to fill out the "what to wear with formal wear" section of the collection, for which a smaller and refined, if slightly beat up, antique dress watch fits the bill I thought. I have quite small wrists (usually final buckle on all watch straps) so the smaller size of the Tank is actually what appeals to me.

Last edited:

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
killer deal, love that tank

Hmm I'm regretting not getting it now!

Here is another photo the seller sent me. Crazy thing is that the shop selling it takes 60% of the final sale so whoever took it there to sell was only getting €270 out of the deal...

ab7859ed5897af40d05f4f15002018c1bb7067d2.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads