• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly have never even considered that. lol Just googled some images and they do look nice on leather. Any places you recommend to purchase a nice leather strap?

edit- what I found online that I think looks good

40da79a25deecbb1f163e975a4ea4c59.jpg

I found this strap online.

are leather straps really that expensive?
Omega straps usually go for $250-$300 and that’s without the deployant or pin buckle which adds another $50 or $250 on top of the strap.

-Skyfall-

Reaction score
Omega straps usually go for $250-$300 and that’s without the deployant or pin buckle which adds another $50 or $250 on top of the strap.
That strap I linked adds on an extra $445 for the buckle..so you're spending over $800 basically. idk what's up with that listing haha. The Hodinkee would have to be the way to go.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That strap I linked adds on an extra $445 for the buckle..so you're spending over $800 basically. idk what's up with that listing haha. The Hodinkee would have to be the way to go.
Go to an Omega boutique. Calfskin straps don’t cost $445. That place is just overcharging.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you all think about this "homage" to the legendary Universal Geneve Big Eye chronograph? Opinions on this watch are burning up the watch internet. To me, it's a little too dead on to the original.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you all think about this "homage" to the legendary Universal Geneve Big Eye chronograph? Opinions on this watch are burning up the watch internet. To me, it's a little too dead on to the original.

Interesting that they call it "inspired" by the Universal, when it looks to me to be a Invicta style copy. I think you called it right. Hodinkee has really turned to **** since they started selling watches.

WSW

Reaction score

I was thinking $1k max based on the specs and lack of originality. $3.5k is a joke. It is a nice looking watch but I'd feel like I was wearing a fraud.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The recent Massena Habring was much better.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly have never even considered that. lol Just googled some images and they do look nice on leather. Any places you recommend to purchase a nice leather strap?

edit- what I found online that I think looks good

40da79a25deecbb1f163e975a4ea4c59.jpg

I found this strap online.

are leather straps really that expensive?
edit2- seems that website is just overcharging. Will go inquire about a strap next time I'm near an Omega retailer.

We can make one to fit the deployant clasp and we have a ton of options for leather on hand. Happy to help.

-DL

-Skyfall-

Reaction score
We can make one to fit the deployant clasp and we have a ton of options for leather on hand. Happy to help.

-DL
Appreciate that. Just looked thru your selection, and you have a lot of nice straps. Do you think the Tan Pebble color most closely resembles the one above?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. Just looked thru your selection, and you have a lot of nice straps. Do you think the Tan Pebble color most closely resembles the one above?

I think the Brown Buttero would be the closest, however I think moving this to a private message would be best, I do not want to hijack the watch talk with strap talk.

My Gallet today for good measure:
E226E71F-1F83-4FB9-BD45-12A5727F5645.jpeg

-DL

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm soon taking delivery of my fist serious watch purchase, a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Triple Date Moonphase - I've wanted one forever and finally pulled the trigger. It's currently on the original Zenith black alligator strap.

This being my first expensive watch, I've never bought a nice strap either. I'm looking to get a medium-to-dark brown strap for it, probably alligator but not necessarily, and am looking for a few recommendations - either specific straps or strap retailers.

Appreciation in advance!

20201020 Zenith Chronomaster Purchase Chrono24-16743970-soafj3zrsqkuu4wzg9r8v15b-Zoom.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm soon taking delivery of my fist serious watch purchase, a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Triple Date Moonphase - I've wanted one forever and finally pulled the trigger. It's currently on the original Zenith black alligator strap.

This being my first expensive watch, I've never bought a nice strap either. I'm looking to get a medium-to-dark brown strap for it, probably alligator but not necessarily, and am looking for a few recommendations - either specific straps or strap retailers.

Appreciation in advance!

View attachment 1481361
Nice pickup! Saw one of these posted over on Reddit and seriously considered it

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Appreciation in advance!

View attachment 1481361

@razl Congrats on the Zenith. I will throw my hat in the ring for straps as well. We just launched a few alligator straps recently, here is the chocolate brown (and loden) strap:
1603289467938.png

*also moving this conversation to PM, apologies for the interruption.

-DL

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads