• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWV

Reaction score
Does she wear a watch currently? Is she "into" watches? I'm asking because I know that if I bought my wife a watch, there's a 99% chance it would just gather dust, no matter how "meaningful" it was as a gift. After a couple failed attempts, I just sucked it up and bought her an apple watch, which she absolutely loves.
I get what you mean. She uses analog watch and has mentioned in passing that she would like a good one. Idk if she will end up using it, but theoretically it should be a good gift.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes of course I have to buy it thinking of her likes. Something flat-ish not too big. But I also want something of quality that will last.
Tissot

Reactions: CWV

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am but a poor who only owns Tissots and is awaiting a Seiko. But as others said, if she likes the jewelry aspect of analogue watches buy one. It might be a bit too much of a stretch but Longines aren't out-of-reach pricewise if you were considering dropping a bit more than $500 (certainly not as big a jump as, say, Longines to Omega or whathaveyou). Seiko also makes pretty watches and around your price point.

I have no issues with any of my Tissots other than I have pretensions of being able to afford an Omega/JLC/IWC/whatever. Nice watches, nice price, nice customer service and let's be honest, there comes a point where once you have on a nicer watch, no one gives a **** outside of SF what it is.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get what you mean. She uses analog watch and has mentioned in passing that she would like a good one. Idk if she will end up using it, but theoretically it should be a good gift.

Are you looking at women's models or men's models? Does she like smaller or larger?

CWV

Reaction score
Are you looking at women's models or men's models? Does she like smaller or larger?
I thought women. She likes smaller but not too small.
Also I have like a year left to buy it so there is no rush. I just wanted to get started.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
man! You really do believe in planning ahead.
Yeah like might as well sock away bit more money so you can splurge when you get closer to the day

CWV

Reaction score
Yeah like might as well sock away bit more money so you can splurge when you get closer to the day
I mean money is not an issue. The $500 or some is just what I decided was a reasonable amount. The CLP is very weak right now comprares to USD.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Incoming!

BEBC3B9D-3BFD-40EB-A744-3AD08BDA8E14.jpeg

-Skyfall-

Reaction score
Throw that AT on leather!
Honestly have never even considered that. lol Just googled some images and they do look nice on leather. Any places you recommend to purchase a nice leather strap?

edit- what I found online that I think looks good

40da79a25deecbb1f163e975a4ea4c59.jpg

I found this strap online.

are leather straps really that expensive?
edit2- seems that website is just overcharging. Will go inquire about a strap next time I'm near an Omega retailer.

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly have never even considered that. lol Just googled some images and they do look nice on leather. Any places you recommend to purchase a nice leather strap?

edit- what I found online that I think looks good

40da79a25deecbb1f163e975a4ea4c59.jpg

I found this strap online.

are leather straps really that expensive?

I have posted a pic or two of mine on leather in this thread. I have a Shell cordovan strap from HODINKEE that was expensive but less than half what you posted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads