• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Dino944 I would imagine when a watch is shipped to Bobs they would handle the watch very differently than if a customer brought it into the store and was watching them handle the watch in his/her presence while waiting for a quote. I’m glad you had a great experience when you sold your watch

I can tell you that Betteridge in CT was not the best experience when I acquired my Cartier, but if I come across another crazy deal like that I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with them again.

Well, one would like to think that a person's watch would be treated with the same level of excellent care and attention whether shipped to Bob's or delivered in person. Although, that doesn't seem to be the case. Just to be clear I didn't sell any watches to Bobs. My in person experiences were with local brick and mortar shops.

Interesting that your experience at Betteridge in CT was as you say, "Not the best experience." Just curious, what happened that your experience there was not very good? I've been there a few times, when I was in town. Its only about 2 hours from where I live. I haven't purchased anything there yet, but I've never had a bad experience there.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, one would like to think that a person's watch would be treated with the same level of excellent care and attention whether shipped to Bob's or delivered in person. Although, that doesn't seem to be the case. Just to be clear I didn't sell any watches to Bobs. My in person experiences were with local brick and mortar shops.

Interesting that your experience at Betteridge in CT was as you say, "Not the best experience." Just curious, what happened that your experience there was not very good? I've been there a few times, when I was in town. Its only about 2 hours from where I live. I haven't purchased anything there yet, but I've never had a bad experience there.
I found the watch I bought through Chrono24 (which is great BTW). However, the person I dealt with at Betteridge is TERRIBLE at communication. She would take 2 days between messages on the Chrono24 platform. Moreover, I called the store and asked for her only to be given the run-around as to her whereabouts 3 different times, which turned me off even more. Out of a team of staff, maybe 1 bad apple is to be expected but in this case everyone I spoke to did not have answers to simple questions. I called there once and was told she was in the bathroom - called back 30 mins later and was told it was her day off. WTF!

It's like they were being inconvenienced by me to give them my money.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the watch I bought through Chrono24 (which is great BTW). However, the person I dealt with at Betteridge is TERRIBLE at communication. She would take 2 days between messages on the Chrono24 platform. Moreover, I called the store and asked for her only to be given the run-around as to her whereabouts 3 different times, which turned me off even more. Out of a team of staff, maybe 1 bad apple is to be expected but in this case everyone I spoke to did not have answers to simple questions. I called there once and was told she was in the bathroom - called back 30 mins later and was told it was her day off. WTF!

It's like they were being inconvenienced by me to give them my money.

Wow, that's a shame. My only experiences have been in person. So I didn't encounter anything like that. The people I spoke with were pleasant and seemed at least relatively knowledgeable about the products they were showing me (I generally find most SA's are rarely as knowledgeable as those of us that are collectors). Perhaps if I called to follow up on a possible purchase I might have encountered what you did, but so far that hasn't happened.

rodgers12

Reaction score
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I was quite disappointed to see that the bezels on the new Submariners are so mundane/flat particularly the blue variant

pmeis

Reaction score
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I was quite disappointed to see that the bezels on the new Submariners are so mundane/flat particularly the blue variant

I haven't seen them in person or noticed anything odd from the various pics I've seen? Are they significantly different than the previous models' bezels? Or do you consider the older bezels to be mundane as well?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't seen a new one, but I was under the impression the green bezel is the same color that was used on the previous "Hulk" and the black is the same that was used on the classic Submariner and Submariner Date. I don't know anything about the blue bezel on the white gold model.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it in the metal either, but as a former Hulk owner the new green bezel looks darker in pictures.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it in the metal either, but as a former Hulk owner the new green bezel looks darker in pictures.

I thought it was darker, and was hoping for it to be darker (I thought it was too bright on the Hulk). However, I've heard a few people say it is the same color green as the Hulk.

dan'l

Reaction score
Speaking of green, it seems that FPJ introduced their own version of the Hulk, albeit as a limited "Dubai Edition" of 99 pieces:

CSD_carrousel.png

I'm a big fan of the the Chronometre Blue, but the green dial really looks flat:

fpjourne_6638436.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of green, it seems that FPJ introduced their own version of the Hulk, albeit as a limited "Dubai Edition" of 99 pieces:

CSD_carrousel.png

I'm a big fan of the the Chronometre Blue, but the green dial really looks flat:

fpjourne_6638436.jpg

Not digging that color. Since buyers of watches like to give them silly nicknames what will this be...the "Pea Soup" the "Catepillar" or the "About to Puke Emoji?"

1600891471144.png

1600891502044.png

1600891534975.png

dan'l

Reaction score
Don't hold back Dino, tell us how you really feel. :)

I think Francois-Paul could have done a lot better. The dial seems to have the same shade as those Mr. Yuck stickers:

th

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't hold back Dino, tell us how you really feel. :)

I think Francois-Paul could have done a lot better. The dial seems to have the same shade as those Mr. Yuck stickers:

th

I really like the color green. I have a "Kermit" Rolex. I loved the dial on the old Rolex "Hulk" although I never thought the bezel was a good match for it. This one is just the wrong shade of green. Still, there are people who hear the words Limited Edition and they will buy it no matter what it looks like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads