• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that Heuer chrono - I think TAG are doing themselves a lot of good with some of these vintage style reissues. I have the Autavia and really like it but I’m tempted to flip it for the more recent bicompax version which seems to have a bigger date window as I can’t read the date on mine. But i love the beads of rice bracelet which I’m not sure comes with the recent one.

And on a separate topic - a couple of people have mentioned moon watches on this thread recently. I‘ve had that on my wish list for a while - any recommendations for a good dealer / price and the drinks are on me. Don’t mind used or reputable grey market.

There are a lot of Moonwatches out there, so I recommend looking at the fora for a good buy at a substantial discount. I would also recommend getting the Seamaster adjustable clasp that fits on the Speedy Pro, as it makes an immense difference to the comfort and fit.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on a separate topic - a couple of people have mentioned moon watches on this thread recently. I‘ve had that on my wish list for a while - any recommendations for a good dealer / price and the drinks are on me. Don’t mind used or reputable grey market.

PMed you.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what showed up in the mail today...

View attachment 1417056 View attachment 1417057 View attachment 1417058

Initial thoughts...I like it quite a bit in size and styling. It is a tad thick but I can probably live with it. My biggest issue is that it just doesn't feel like a $7-6k watch. I have a Santos and an Explorer II, both of which I paid a similar amount for and feel substantially better in the hand. The Tag has seems to be a lower level of finishing and the movement not as robust. I am leaning toward sending it back and buying grey market if I miss it, but I'll give it another few days.

I really like the overall look of their vintage models, but it is deceivingly chunky. Looking down at it from a from overhead, I would never have thought it is 14mm. In addition, at 6-7K, it seem like too much $$$ for a Tag. Wishing you luck with whatever you decide.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent shot of my 14790ST.

C392C955-C8DA-4EA2-8A66-4E50C87C8754.jpeg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my used Trilogy Speedy from DavidSW, a dealer in FL - a lot of great feedback and good reputation and at a price that was as good/a little better than private sellers. Really happy with the transaction.

DSC00865.jpg

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Speedy Tuesday Speedmaster from DavidSW. If you're buying most brands other than Rolex he'll probably be competitive. However his Rolex prices seem to no longer be as competitive as they used to be. Just saw they listed an unworn Hulk this week... $17,575.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Oh, if anyone in London wants a nearly new (Nov'19) Sub Date, a friend of mine wants to sell his and buy something else: he's a one watch guy, but also low key and wants to change it for something less recognisable. Of course I've told him it's now "worth" much more than he paid for it, because people are impatient. If you're impatient, rich and want it next Friday, PM me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, if anyone in London wants a nearly new (Nov'19) Sub Date, a friend of mine wants to sell his and buy something else: he's a one watch guy, but also low key and wants to change it for something less recognisable. Of course I've told him it's now "worth" much more than he paid for it, because people are impatient. If you're impatient, rich and want it next Friday, PM me.
Does not compute.

You have failed to live up to your StyleForum descriptor. :wink:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Well I did sell him the Sub and will hopefully sell him the next one, so I reckon selling more than one watch to the one-watch-guy is definitely enablement!

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried these on yesterday. The Pierre Arpels watch is super underrated. Really thin and nice on the wrist. and the dual time is amazing as well. Too bad they didn’t have the dual time Pierre Arpels in stock.

D1E2872A-284B-4AE3-B7A2-D9B88B10163F.jpeg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what showed up in the mail today...

View attachment 1417056 View attachment 1417057 View attachment 1417058

Initial thoughts...I like it quite a bit in size and styling. It is a tad thick but I can probably live with it. My biggest issue is that it just doesn't feel like a $7-6k watch. I have a Santos and an Explorer II, both of which I paid a similar amount for and feel substantially better in the hand. The Tag has seems to be a lower level of finishing and the movement not as robust. I am leaning toward sending it back and buying grey market if I miss it, but I'll give it another few days.

Pee pee lume doesn't help, either.

SmellBlind

Reaction score
Tried these on yesterday. The Pierre Arpels watch is super underrated. Really thin and nice on the wrist. and the dual time is amazing as well. Too bad they didn’t have the dual time Pierre Arpels in stock.

View attachment 1417889

I don't understand why so many perfectly good watches are ruined by atrocious text on the dial.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I'm kinda of a born-again lite weight watch fan and looking for some feedback and opinions. (Last bought some Omegas, Blancpain, and U/N 15-20 years ago.)

In celebration and commemoration of our 10th anniversary, my wife and I are purchasing a pair of Rolex watches.

She selected a 31 mm Datejust jubilee bracelet with white gold with mother of pearl and diamond dial. (I thought the mother of pearl being $2500 more than sunburst dial was too much but did make the dial 'pop' more. Wife loves it so ...) The AD want asked for full payment to do the order. Is full payment necessary to make an order?

I just picked up a 37mm Yatchmaster SS/platinum bezel with rhodium dial. It would be my one watch collection (besides a beater). I like the fit and slimness of 37mm Yatchmaster. Is it a commonly sought after model or hard to find? What are the positives and negatives?

Thanks.

0703201930~2.jpg

0703201931~2.jpg

Last edited:

an draoi

Reaction score
I'm kinda of a born-again lite weight watch fan and looking for some feedback and opinions. (Last bought some Omegas, Blancpain, and U/N 15-20 years ago.)

In celebration and commemoration of our 10th anniversary, my wife and I are purchasing a pair of Rolex watches.

She selected a 31 mm Datejust jubilee bracelet with white gold with mother of pearl and diamond dial. (I thought the mother of pearl being $2500 more than sunburst dial was too much but did make the dial 'pop' more. Wife loves it so ...) The AD want asked for full payment to do the order. Is full payment necessary to make an order?

I just picked up a 37mm Yatchmaster SS/platinum bezel with rhodium dial. It would be my one watch collection (besides a beater). I like the fit and slimness of 37mm Yatchmaster. Is it a commonly sought after model or hard to find? What are the positives and negatives?

Thanks.

View attachment 1417994
View attachment 1417995
Positives: It's a Rolex

Negatives: It's a Rolex

Facetious comments aside, you already bought this watch, correct? So what is the relevance of whether it is hard to find? If what you are really asking is whether it will make a good investment, I'd guess probably not compared to the Sub or Daytona. YMs are the only model of sports Rolexes I consistently see languishing in display cases at ADs. Perhaps this specific model in this metal with this dial is less common than other references, but I'm not sure that means it is commonly sought after, as you put it.

To borrow advice from wiser heads than mine here, if it puts a smile on your face, buy it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads