• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patek announced it 2 weeks ago and Rolex much around the same time. Now that HODINKEE has said, people now feel informed...

And it makes sense. The lack of any public/private events coupled with the utter inability to get anyone to focus on anything other than current events does not make for a good time to bring new products online.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolex... postponing new model announcements for 2020.

What new models does Rolex ever have, in any case? Pretty much all it ever does is make (usually very minor) updates to existing models, such as introducing a hairspring made from a new substance!

:tongue:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realized today I hadn't worn this one in a month.

040820.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What new models does Rolex ever have, in any case? Pretty much all it ever does is make (usually very minor) updates to existing models, such as introducing a hairspring made from a new substance!

Oh come on, that's not fair. This year they were probably going to announce some crazy new packaging and a different box for the watches ! :wink:

WSW

Reaction score

The big one would have been an updated Sub. They've been filtering the new movement into their lineup, starting with the Day-Date a few years back and continuing on with the GMT.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People were also speculating a gold Hulk sub.

People love to guess. But most have been way off the mark for decades. For more than a decade people were talking about the possibility of a 42-44 mm Daytona...that never happened.

A gold Hulk...yuck. They used to offer the GMT in all gold with a green dial, it was ugly.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People love to guess. But most have been way off the mark for decades. For more than a decade people were talking about the possibility of a 42-44 mm Daytona...that never happened.

A gold Hulk...yuck. They used to offer the GMT in all gold with a green dial, it was ugly.
Heh, I'm preferential to yellow/gold tone metals. I have grown to prefer the color, and find the steel colors to generally not look as good on my wrist. I'm a big green fan as well, especially olive. That green face GMT does look off in gold...I wonder if it's the black bezel. I really like the gold/blue Subs, and their bezel matches the face. I've got a gold/green watch (Spaceview), and I really like the colors together.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, I'm preferential to yellow/gold tone metals. I have grown to prefer the color, and find the steel colors to generally not look as good on my wrist. I'm a big green fan as well, especially olive. That green face GMT does look off in gold...I wonder if it's the black bezel. I really like the gold/blue Subs, and their bezel matches the face. I've got a gold/green watch (Spaceview), and I really like the colors together.

I like yellow gold watches, and have one with a black dial. I also like the all gold Sub with blue dial and bezel. I am also a fan of the color green. I just don't think it worked on the previous YG GMT green dial. Perhaps it was the shade of green they chose. While I do think the color green used on the current YG Daytona with green dial is a big improvement over the color used for the yellow gold GMT years ago, I can't say that I really love the YG Daytona with a green dial. The Space View looks different, and it is not as big or bold as a GMT...so maybe in smaller doses that combination works better to my eyes.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the olive green on the 40th anniversary Day-Date is my all-time fave ?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be in for a Sub with fauxtina and a ghost bezel. :hide:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads