• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how many watches Rolex made every year until I did a search on Chrono24 for "Rolex 16610lv"--a limited edition by Rolex standards--and got nearly 400 results. I can afford to wait this one out.

an draoi

Reaction score
In 2016, getting a discount on a jumbo or 5711 was sort of normal. This over MSRP is fairly new and didn't really start until 2017.
I think 2016 is a little off. I joined a wait list that year, quoted then as 3-4 yrs. There was a premium at the time, although as I never considered buying in the secondary market, I didn't follow it closely enough to be to say with any accuracy what it was.

The wait list ballooned to 7-8 years as of a couple of months ago (and, as we all know, the premium went at a similar velocity in the same direction). Will be interesting to see how far and fast they both fall.

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who wants this?
7E6F659E-CF75-4B67-B6D6-1E9D5E8278C4.jpeg
FB544A2F-DBDF-4E03-B6BF-D59E3A2FA6E5.jpeg

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
I'm hunting the Kermit right now. Lowest price on C24 is still over $10K. I hate to sound like a vulture scavenging a dead body, but I am waiting for the price to fall below $9K before even considering a purchase.
The Kermit is my grail. Saw a pre-owned at a dealer outside dc who wanted 15k in January. Crazy. Hopefully there will be some really good watch deals soon!

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty sure it was 2016 that saw the secondary market price for the 5711 start to climb - however, depending on where you are in the world, demand wasn’t yet at silly levels. I managed to walk in to J Farren-Price in Sydney in 2017 and obtain the last one they had in stock (strangely, in Sydney at that time, the 5711/1r was more in demand or so i was told). By the time 2017 was at a close the 5711 was 40% over msrp, it quickly escalated from there, as we know, and it now starts at 3 times what i paid for mine even if its scratched up And not a full set!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 2016 iz a little off. I joined a wait list that, quoted then as 3-4 yrs. There was a premium at the time, although as I never considered buying in the secondary market, I didn't follow it closely enough to be to say with any accuracy what it was.

The wait list ballooned to 7-8 years as of a couple of months ago (and, as we all know, the premium went at a similar velocity in the same direction). Will be interesting to see how far and fast they both fall.

At least in the US, I think the time is speaking of is closer to the end of 2014 and into 2015. I was in Las Vegas in October 2014, and you between each of the Patek ADs there, you had a choice of any all steel or all gold Nautilus you wanted, and they were all sitting in showcases and available for MSRP.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even in 2016 I was offered stainless steel no date sub with 5% discount from an AD without asking...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Piper Heidsieck Rare has to be one of my favorite champagnes :inlove:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads