• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we see the best way to wear a PN Daytona.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Orlando this week and saw a Hublot Classic Fusion Blue. I’ve trashed that brand my entire life. I kind of liked it. Like, really liked it. Don’t @ me. ??‍♂️

I've never had any complaints regarding the movement, but have experienced the wobble when setting the time (it just feels a little looser than it should) on my Aquis but not my Divers 65 (which is newer). When I picked up my Aquis, I looked at the Hydroconquest as well. It was no contest in a side by side comparison. The bracelet, case design and ceramic bezel blew the Hydroconquest out of the water. It definitely looked like the cheaper watch. I have no familiarity with the Rado.
The new Hydroconquest has ceramic Basel and nicer action then Aquis (plus no back play). Exclusive movement on the Longines as well. Plus 20% cheaper. Again both are entry level Swiss diver.
2DC6444F-B4CB-4A19-A293-6A96756F9932.jpeg

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else saw/heard about this, but I was at my Rolex AD last week and we were chatting potential upcoming releases this year and they mentioned there was a picture online (IG I think) of Rolex patent papers for a new bracelet. Sounded like it was similar to the one Cartier uses for it's Santos. That would be really interesting.

The 38.5mm version felt unbalanced and too thick for me when I tried it on. I have the 41mm version and really like it.

View attachment 1325295
@Purplelabel very nice.

@mak1277
Interesting take. I suppose if I decide to get one, I will need to try on the medium size. The larger size (now sold) always felt just a tad too large for me, hence my desire for the 38mm. I am also considering a white dial, since the blue may be too close to the recently acquired sub. Regardless, I need to enjoy the sub for a while before adding to the collection.

My issue with the Aqua Terra (not having tried one mind you) is that I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the 38mm size, but the dial I want only comes in 41mm.

WSW

Reaction score
This was the most amazing thing I've seen all week: Antique Roadshow PN Appraisal

I actually think the $ is quite low. There really are no comparables with the way the watch was first acquired, then preserved with the complete B+Ps in mint condition plus intact sticker on the caseback.

Loved the guy's reaction to the escalating quotes. Couldn't have happened to a better person it seemed like.

I also watched a few of the other appraisals of vintage Rollies. Kind of a nice reality check with the non-WIS crowd when the ordinary folks bringing the watches were guessing a couple of thousand dollars at the very max. I'm sure they'd be equally floored by how much modern production Rollies go for.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else saw/heard about this, but I was at my Rolex AD last week and we were chatting potential upcoming releases this year and they mentioned there was a picture online (IG I think) of Rolex patent papers for a new bracelet. Sounded like it was similar to the one Cartier uses for it's Santos. That would be really interesting.

Interesting....when you say like the Cartier Santos, I presume you are referring to its "QuickSwitch" system. Although I prefer a Rolex on a bracelet, I'm sure a lot of people would like the ability to easily switch bracelets/straps, and and then Rolex could sell accessories and cut out the middlemen who sell straps and rubber bracelets, especially if they created some type of proprietary attachment system.

I was near a local Rolex dealer the other day. The only sports models they had were a steel and rose gold Yachmaster, a steel Yachtmaster II, a steel and gold Yachtmaster II, and rose gold GMT.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting....when you say like the Cartier Santos, I presume you are referring to its "QuickSwitch" system. Although I prefer a Rolex on a bracelet, I'm sure a lot of people would like the ability to easily switch bracelets/straps, and and then Rolex could sell accessories and cut out the middlemen who sell straps and rubber bracelets, especially if they created some type of proprietary attachment system.

I was near a local Rolex dealer the other day. The only sports models they had were a steel and rose gold Yachmaster, a steel Yachtmaster II, a steel and gold Yachtmaster II, and rose gold GMT.
It doesn't get a lot of love, but I really like the Yachtmaster

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't get a lot of love, but I really like the Yachtmaster

It's not my favorite model from Rolex, but it in rose gold and steel with a sort of bronze/brown dial, it was a handsome watch. I also think the steel and platinum with a blue dial is handsome, but I've just never really had that "I gotta have it" feeling about the Yachtmaster. Still, the Yachtmaster has been around in some form or other for nearly 30 years and it does have its fans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics