• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

benf

Reaction score
What about this one (CK 2998)?

Saw one at an AD about a month ago and not knowing much about Speedmasters I quite like the look of the reverse panda dial.

F1188F9A-7F67-4C88-AE4D-7E8FDB78B601.png

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What about this one (CK 2998):

Saw one at an AD about a month ago and not knowing much about Speedmasters I quite like the look of the reverse panda dial.

View attachment 1103735
I think that my brother (a physician) wants this. It's not a bad one, but I already have a Speedy with a Mitsukoshi dial, so I'm looking for something else. Also, that house project is going to eat up my discretionary income for a few months. Kitchens and bathrooms are such a PITA to remodel.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Omega comes with yet another (another another) re-issue or some stupid anniversary etc. piece of the Speedmaster or surprise - the seamaster. I love Omega to death, but i am slowly getting less and less interested in the brand with all this recycling.

On the other hand i cannot wait to see what IWC, Jeager and Seiko comes up with.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko can improve their lineup by just making all watches smaller and thinner. I don't get Seiko, they can make perfectly thin AUTO movements and yet they make all these gorgeous monstrosities.

P.S. I have 38mm Presage, white dial that looks too tall and too big on my 17,5 wrist. Unbelievable achievement by Seiko.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko can improve their lineup by just making all watches smaller and thinner. I don't get Seiko, they can make perfectly thin AUTO movements and yet they make all these gorgeous monstrosities.

P.S. I have 38mm Presage, white dial that looks too tall and too big on my 17,5 wrist. Unbelievable achievement by Seiko.
Yes then I'd start buying Seikos again instead of kickstarter watches.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Omega comes with yet another (another another) re-issue or some stupid anniversary etc. piece of the Speedmaster or surprise - the seamaster. I love Omega to death, but i am slowly getting less and less interested in the brand with all this recycling.

On the other hand i cannot wait to see what IWC, Jeager and Seiko comes up with.
Well think of it like the GS store specific 25-35 pieces LE that they release every year. Just different dials but at least very unique (and odd) ones.

WSW

Reaction score
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/code-1159-audemars-piguet-introducing

While I applaud AP for launching a whole new line with completely new movements, they seemed to have been so overburdened by the legacy of the Royal Oak that they chose the most unremarkable designs for this new line. Nothing at first or second glance that strikes you as a watch befitting one of the holy trinity. The dials are especially shocking with the clashing fonts. Really too bad that they wasted this opportunity.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.