• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mafoofan, where do you go for straps? I usually do Camille fournet for replacement straps. Looking to replace black gator for my Lange. Maybe with a dark burgundy gator.

I usually use Camille Fournet, but they botched my last order a month ago. Apparently there’s been a change in management—all the people I worked with before on bespoke gloves and straps are gone. Too bad, as the quality is top notch.

Patek straps are similarly excellent but the cost and wait are hard to swallow. I have no idea who makes them, but it is a Swiss maker and not Camille Fournet.

yls2012

Reaction score
I usually use Camille Fournet, but they botched my last order a month ago. Apparently there’s been a change in management—all the people I worked with before on bespoke gloves and straps are gone. Too bad, as the quality is top notch.

Patek straps are similarly excellent but the cost and wait are hard to swallow. I have no idea who makes them, but it is a Swiss maker and not Camille Fournet.

What happened with your order? Ever tried ABP?

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/george-daniels-a-rare-yellow-gold-automatic-cen-5C04478B99

Two most practical men's watches in one shot.

H0046-L153604903.jpg

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They miscommunicated on timing and shipping, then shipped the wrong color strap.

Yes, have used ABP in the last. Quality is a tier or two below Camille Fournet and Jean Rousseau. Stitching is not as nice and the skins are significantly worse. Camille Fournet remains the best there is, as far as I know.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For dress watches especially ones using clasps I'd go ABP. For sportier models Combat Straps have all the neon colors and unique materials and is now the edge finishing is very good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads