• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The inherent subjectivity is why this crazy hobby is so big. It needs to Fit a Foo and a Riva into it!

Which is why this thread is so busy. One can practically read some online stuff without ever owning a single watch then showed up as an "expert" on all things. When you try to skew the conversation from technical to style (with a wristshot no less) which is basically what this whole forum is about, people from behind their castle walls started shooting burning arrows. I don't know what the world order was prior Foo and me entering this thread but I like open ended threads like this. Perhaps more people now dare to contribute to it and it's not often we have a very relaxed admin who even joined the discussions. Definitely much more interesting than dissecting a CM jacket or being frustrated that you can't criticize a product a SF affiliate is selling.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting in on the Ikepod Kickstarter? :hide:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the world need another 44mm miyota quartz watch? Apparently it does.

Since 7Friday is still selling strong there's gotta be a market for the quartz version.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting in on the Ikepod Kickstarter? :hide:

Bizarrely, I got a Facebook ad telling me about the Ikepod Kickstarter campaign a week or so back.

I can't help but think that people who own a "real" Ikepod would be pretty pissed off right about now...

Edited to add: Just saw that Hodinkee did a review, too. I didn't see it mention anywhere that it was paid advertising, but if it wasn't paid for, then I have to wonder what the Hodinkee editors are smoking...

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which is why this thread is so busy. One can practically read some online stuff without ever owning a single watch then showed up as an "expert" on all things. When you try to skew the conversation from technical to style (with a wristshot no less) which is basically what this whole forum is about, people from behind their castle walls started shooting burning arrows. I don't know what the world order was prior Foo and me entering this thread but I like open ended threads like this. Perhaps more people now dare to contribute to it and it's not often we have a very relaxed admin who even joined the discussions. Definitely much more interesting than dissecting a CM jacket or being frustrated that you can't criticize a product a SF affiliate is selling.
Communis error facit jus :p

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of the best Talking Watches episodes ever, with Jean Claude Biver:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He didn't influence you enough to get a Hublot?

I didn't say I liked the watches he's responsible for.

Watch the Talking Watches video above, though. His personal taste is distinct from what he does to grow sales.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love this one

Thanks. The Explorer is highly underrated--but in a way, it is the most Rolex of Rolexes.

Not actually a military or pilot's watch, but plays a similar role on the wrist. Completely annihilates any desire for an IWC Mark XII or XV.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
#versatility

Chambray is from Charvet, so possibly Simonnot Godard, but who knows. Charvet couldn't/wouldn't tell me where the fabric was from when I picked it out.

They did, however, profusely insist that it is 100% cotton. No word on jewel count.

IMG_6682.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads