• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to ask why buy if you are not sure and deal with the re-sell with potential loss. But you explained it well. I guess i would be more careful with such a high cost purchase. I've had this happen with expensive clothing items that i received and just wasnt feeling so i flipped. Luckily not big losses.

I kinda undestand grabbing the sub while its available. The problem of scarcity causes people to act fast so given the same scenario i may settle as well. Although, after my years on SF i kinda of learned not to settle because that leads me to have an item thats 2nd best and still chasing what i really want.

Except that a sub isn't so rare at all. Unlike a 25 pieces LE...

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s popular for a reason.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience with the JLC reverso? Im wondering how it would do being used as an everyday watch (obviously not swimming or going to a beach or anything like that, but regular daily wear). This would be a basic, manual wind steel model. Thanks in advance.

I love mine. I rotate my watches and I like to wear my watches based on seasonality and my perception of some of my watches so I don't wear it as much in the Spring/Summer months. That's not because I don't think it's a Spring/Summer piece but more so because I wear my Skipper during those months. Anyway, as someone else noted it doesn't contour to the wrist, but it wears really well on my 7" or so wrist. It's light and nice and thin so it fits really nicely under a cuff. I wouldn't say I baby my pieces, but on the other hand I'm careful. Still the Reverso can get really small scratches easily enough. They tend to be on the upper and lower case just above/below the dial. Not that noticeable though. At the end of the day the Reverso is a fantastic watch and I wouldn't rule out getting another one some day.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love mine. I rotate my watches and I like to wear my watches based on seasonality and my perception of some of my watches so I don't wear it as much in the Spring/Summer months. That's not because I don't think it's a Spring/Summer piece but more so because I wear my Skipper during those months. Anyway, as someone else noted it doesn't contour to the wrist, but it wears really well on my 7" or so wrist. It's light and nice and thin so it fits really nicely under a cuff. I wouldn't say I baby my pieces, but on the other hand I'm careful. Still the Reverso can get really small scratches easily enough. They tend to be on the upper and lower case just above/below the dial. Not that noticeable though. At the end of the day the Reverso is a fantastic watch and I wouldn't rule out getting another one some day.

Reversos are definitely for the bigger wrists despite their small profile.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except that a sub isn't so rare at all. Unlike a 25 pieces LE...

Rarity is one thing, but whenever I consider rarity I also consider desirability. Whether or not I find it desirable of course and everyone has their own tastes, but a watch being rare alone doesn't necessarily make it that special.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it wears bigger than I expected it would when I got it, but it wears really well for me. Still I think there is this perception that it wears smaller than it does. Of course there are different sizes, but overall I think people think they'll wear a bit smaller.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rarity is one thing, but whenever I consider rarity I also consider desirability. Whether or not I find it desirable of course and everyone has their own tastes, but a watch being rare alone doesn't necessarily make it that special.

A huge part of the appeal of Rolex is the resale which is a subject of both rarity and desirability. Nothing to do with style of course.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh... my wrist is also fairly slim, at 7 1/8 inches, and my hands are medium to slightly larger than medium (8.5-9), and I think that the reverso sport looks pretty good on my wrist. I don't really understand the 42-44mm watches. They look gigantic on my wrist. I mean, surely not all the guys wearing nice watches have forearms like Popepye, right?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh... my wrist is also fairly slim, at 7 1/8 inches, and my hands are medium to slightly larger than medium (8.5-9), and I think that the reverso sport looks pretty good on my wrist. I don't really understand the 42-44mm watches. They look gigantic on my wrist. I mean, surely not all the guys wearing nice watches have forearms like Popepye, right?

Are you using the flexible rubber straps with yours? Cuz the integrated straps of the Reverso usually creates a gap on the sides of the wrist as they're inflexible and protrude too much. Had 3 Reversos all same problem until I made a custom one.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you using the flexible rubber straps with yours? Cuz the integrated straps of the Reverso usually creates a gap on the sides of the wrist as they're inflexible and protrude too much. Had 3 Reversos all same problem until I made a custom one.
Well, first of all, I actually rarely wear a watch, as I've already explained, which is the reason for my latest project. That said, I like both the leather and the rubber strap. depending. But there is, at least on me, no gap. Maybe I just have an unusually flat wrist? I just don't know.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Uh oh, thats no good. I have a tad over 6 inch wrist and am considering the classique size which is the original size and is supposed to be pretty small.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, thats no good. I have a tad over 6 inch wrist and am considering the classique size which is the original size and is supposed to be pretty small.

With Reversos, try before you buy. Same as GP Vintage 1945. Beautiful watch but unwearable.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@culverwood Such a great watch! How do you find the long lugs? Heard very different experience with those.

I do not find a problem with them, my other two everyday watches are 42mm so maybe my wrist is the right size.

As someone has suggested the Reverso comes in many sizes so trying them on and choosing the one that suits you best is a good idea.

Personally I like the Ultra Thin and find that as soon as they add anything to the dial, including the seconds hand, they look worse and worse. I bought it from the boutique at the same time as some of the coloured dials were available (red and green IIRC) which may have been more exclusive but did not have the finish of the standard dial.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics