1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre,

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mimo, Feb 12, 2016.

1. bkotsko

bkotsko Distinguished Member

Sacrilege!!!
    You have another wrist.

2. atia2

atia2 Senior Member

Have you tried your other wrist?

3. golfinz

golfinz Senior Member

I've you've got the privilege of wearing a high end watch (I assume so since you are in this thread), then that watch > fitbit!

4. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

I wear my Omega Seamaster 300M on my left wrist and Fitbit Charge HR on my right wrist.

5. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

^^^ Quoted for dino's version of the so-called "sex pile" ha ha! Very nice group of timepieces :bigstar: ^^^ Re: the two-tone Royal Oak, I think the grayish dial is what really makes that watch work for me....it just wouldn't be the same with a champagne (or white, or any other color) dial, IMO. Also, I'm not a fitbit guy, but I do own a Timex Ironman. And sometimes I even exercise while wearing it!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

6. poorsod

poorsod Distinguished Member

Wearing it on the opposite wrist is annoying. All my shirts are cut with the cuffs to accommodate a watch on the left, not on the right.

7. atia2

atia2 Senior Member

Then I'm afraid you have backwards compatibility issues.

8. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior Member

[​IMG]

A friend trying on the JLC duometre à quantième lunaire enamel dial. Certainty a watch to appreciate.

9. TheWraith

TheWraith Distinguished Member

It's just a quartz, but I liked the look of it (this is the version with the applied indices [not the more recent, neutered version], and in pristine condition) and got a good deal on it. Very happy with this:

[​IMG]

And two book covers for novels I'm working on with two friends of mine :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

10. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

I should have mentioned in the group photo (or as Keith called it, the "Sex pile") the Oysterquartz is 36mm. So with that photo you get a side by side idea of 36 mm vs. 39 mm.

Thanks Bro! Agreed, the grey/dark silver dial seems to really work nicely on the old tutone RO. Cheers!

11. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior Member

Watch enthusiasts,

I'd like to hear some opinions or feedback on two specific watches. These are borderline "poor man's," and I've posted in that thread as well, but I'm always impressed with the amount of knowledge and insight present in this thread, and I hope to get some info that will help me make a decision. I'm planning on this being my everyday casual watch. Generally, I'm not a fan of pilot watches, but I feel these are versatile and don't have the feel of a "true" flieger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My only other watches are two dress watches, one on brown leather, and ones on black, that I wear with a suit to work. I originally found the Oris and was set to buy it, until I came across the other one on Jomashop.

12. TheWraith

TheWraith Distinguished Member

I'd go with the Oris myself, purely because I'm more familiar with that brand than the other, but I'm no expert.

13. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Distinguished Member

I love the overall design of the PanoMatic. If they would just not label the date window and power reserve I might go for one.

Your honor, I'd like that last remark stricken from the record.

14. atia2

atia2 Senior Member

Good point. Without all that text, it would look like a mysterious and magical laboratory.

15. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Damn thing. It's not that I like it more or less than a Lange, I like it differently. But the more I see it, the more I remember how lovely it is to hold and look at. It's a thoroughly peculiar watch from a peculiar brand. Too big, but not sporty; like a Lange 1, but not; German but not Bauhaus; arty but not effete. It's a Marmite kind of thing for sure (British cultural reference, look it up!), but it really can tug at the heartstrings. The strap is disproportionately important to that effect, I suspect.

I wonder how that strap would work on a Senator Perpetual...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016