1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy and Sons of Henrey We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy, an international design collaboration based in Milan that focuses on creating fine ready-to-wear, sourcing top-quality materials and working with exceptional production facilities in Italy to offer honest, modern, and quality casual-wear, and Sons of Henrey a contemporary footwear brand, committed to producing a shoe of timeless elegance, at exceptional value.

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre,

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mimo, Feb 12, 2016.

1. firenze_rob

firenze_rob Senior Member

Rich Corinthian Leather...

[​IMG]

2. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

:rotflmao: Haven't thought of those old ads referencing Corinthian leather in years. I think remembering these silly ad's dates both of us!

3. Andy57

Andy57 Distinguished Member

Those Cordobas were huge. I'd forgotten that Chrysler marketed them as "the small Chrysler". A friend of mine had one in the early '80s and it was almost as big as my '75 Riviera!

4. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

I was a kid when these ads were in print or on TV. To me Datsuns, Hondas, and Toyotas were small and Cordobas were huge. I only knew Ricardo Montalban as the guy from the TV show "Fantasy Island." I remember friends of mine who were into cars making fun of the ads for making a big deal of out of Corinthian Leather...which was just a made up phrase intended to sound fancier than Chrysler leather.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Stylish Dinosaur

Really like the new Montblanc Perpetual Calendar featured on Hodinkee. If that watch becomes available for less than $10K on the gray market, I'll have to give it serious thought.

6. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

Mr. Montalban's wardrobe - provided by Tom Ford :-D

As for perp calendars, I've never really desired to have one necessarily. Although I do like the appearance of a well-executed moon phase.

Interesting take for them... more of a skeletonized look; would like to see it in the metal someday.

7. Medwed

Medwed Distinguished Member

Boston-NYC-Helsinki-Pietari-Budapest-Antwerp-Basel
    Crossing Chrysler with Jaguar might sound like a crazy idea, but I have to say this small Chrysler increases my confidence just by looking at it. I like it.

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Distinguished Member

Sorry to hear about that! I'm sure losing that Omega was a blow. I've heard crazy stories about watches being gone and then finding their way home, so hopefully that happens for you.

9. MZhammer

MZhammer Distinguished Member

It's been a long while since I last posted around these parts, I've been spending most of my time over on WUS, but figured I'd drop back in! Good to see you gents!

Wearing the 39mm ROC today.
    Suede 2.jpg

10. Vinilo1969

Vinilo1969 Senior Member

Awesome watch!

11. Vinilo1969

Vinilo1969 Senior Member

Early evening time check... IMG_1278.JPG

12. MZhammer

MZhammer Distinguished Member

IMG_20180523_115827_771.jpg
    Thank you, I was torn when buying this between the 15300 in blue or the 26300st ROC (the 15202 being in a different price category entirely) and ended up liking the casual air that the OG 39mm Chronos carried with them.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

13. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Distinguished Member

I feel for you mimo. I fear the same thing happening to me someday. I saw an interview on TV with an ex burglar who had some good tips. He said most people leave their jewelry in plain view on their dressers and make it too easy. Since then i keep my watch cases under the bed (as much as i want to display them) and i keep a small case with a fake rolex and other junk on the counter hoping to fool the thief??

14. sood

sood Senior Member

what do people here think about new watches from Leica?

15. Kaplan

Kaplan Distinguished Member

Hadn't seen them, but your (sadly photoless) post made me look them up. Initial reaction: Do not like.