1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre,

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mimo, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Like, say, this...?

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Andy57. Exactly!

LIMatt. Agreed and well said. Open 9 day.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. atia2

atia2 Senior member

What's all this open 9 day nonsense then?

4. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Just a guess that the font used results in a small opening between the "top" and "stem" of the number. Am I close?

1 person likes this.
  5. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

[​IMG]

Wife's Planet Ocean - gonna try and sell it to make room for an incoming piece she ordered yesterday. Her collection is going to be better than mine at this rate lol.

6. mimo

mimo Senior member

Some heavyweight stuff going on in this thread today. Phew.

7. LIMatt

LIMatt Well-Known Member

Yes. Rolex changed the font sometime in the '80s, so the "open" 6 and 9 are signs of a vintage model.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  8. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Here's the Mark XV (new) that I snagged a few weeks back. I did not listen to @eton97 when he told me I'd always reach for my Explorer. That being said I'm happy to pass it along to anyone one here for what paid for it. The story I got was a IWC collector picked it up in 2007 and never wore it. It's been worn once (by me). Includes all the goods, original everything.

mods, please delete if this is not allowed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

^ If I didn't already have one of these, I'd jump at the opportunity to get one in this condition. Out of curiosity, how much is it and what about it makes you want to pass it on?

edit: Thanks for the PM.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  10. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Acquired this beautiful bezel this weekend. Now seeking a 14060 to put it to use within. Funny when the bezel wags the watch

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior member

picked this up last week and been breaking it in this weekend skiing in Tahoe and watching my daughter race in the rain. i know some folks don't care for this particular Patek, but i really enjoy how understated and comfortable it is. for my active lifestyle, it is just about perfect. i did sell a couple of Rolexes to make it happen.... but i am pretty content for awhile being a 1 watch guy with this one as my daily. although i can definitely see far down the road of wanting to add another Patek :)

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  12. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

^ Congrats, great to hear how much you love it and why. That's what this forum is about after all - POR- ah.. I mean APPRECIATION

1 person likes this.
  13. Winot

Winot Senior member

Lovely. I am very very tempted to get the travel time version. I'd need to sell more than a few Rolexes for that however.

14. tricky

tricky Senior member

One of my favorites! Congrats on an amazing pick up.

15. robw

robw Senior member

Congratulation. Wear it in good health.

16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Congratulations! I would daily the crap outta that as well. I'd gladly give up a couple crowns for that.

Enjoy!

17. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Congrats and enjoy!!!

18. alford78

alford78 Well-Known Member

Double post

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  19. alford78

alford78 Well-Known Member

Quote: Originally Posted by robw View Post Congratulation. Wear it in good health. One of my favorite models right behind its bigger brother 5164 then the white face 5711. I'm picking up a either the 5167 or 5164 here in a few weeks maybe a month from a seller on RLX forum with bracelet and strap combo. It will be my first Patek as well and hopefully my only other will be the 5711. I prefer other makers in gold for some reason. Mainly bang per buck I guess. How comfortable is that strap? That's my biggest concern and why opting for the whole kit. Very nice watch. Wear it in good health!

20. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

I feel quite outclassed having to follow a Patek, but here's the watch my wife chose after @mimo made so many great suggestions. This will be my daily wearer for the foreseeable future, and with my wife travelling out of the country, it's the perfect time for my first GMT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.