• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A great example of intangible value, branding and marketing in action right there :p

Intangible value, branding and marketing always comes into play when dealing with luxury products.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 908954 Now to silly things, I promised myself i’d never buy a quartz, I owe myself a stay in an asylum... it bewitched me and the vagabonds are too gimmicky (I tell myself - while rocking) and expensive.

Congrats! Love the case on that, very cool looking watch. Enjoy it! :cheers:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This happened...over the moon about it ;)

69CFAA39-9EB2-489D-B78E-CED34E88F5E5.jpeg

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Looks like a classic, Murl. Way to go, and wear it in good health.

@BLAUGRANA: I agree almost fully with your assessment of the (multiple, new) Polaris offerings. To me, the alarm/Memovox version would absolutely be the one to have. And I also have to say the fauxtina in this case looks preferable to my eye vs. the white lume as well.

Lange, I will leave to others since I've never seemed to connect with them very deeply for whatever reason. Of course I'd take a Zeitwerk, or any number of their admittedly very well-made and -executed pieces... but there are too many other brands that my "watch-heart" seems to prefer whenever it comes time to whip out the old credit card (lovely backside pics from mimo notwithstanding).

edit: grammar

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
67E0AE03-A66E-4F13-9AF9-2C5551A062A3.jpeg
I am a fan of the Drive de Cartier extra thin, released this year in steel and YG (previously only in RG). Great looking design and size 38x39mm) imo and only $5600 in steel. Manual wind as well, which would make a great dress watch I think. I’m glad Cartier is moving away from a quartz heavy portfolio.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This came up on the Rolex Instagram yesterday. Fell in love...

Rolex-Sky-Dweller-Rolesor-aBlogtoWatch-104.jpg

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s right, sleepy - Which I have yet to witness as its currently on my wrist.

Nice feature, that’s for sure!

View attachment 909013

Another image of the Bleu I pulled off therolexforum.com. Under certain angles, you can see the reflection of the numerals and hands.

Are the numerals applied to the underside of the crystal, instead of on the dial! Never noticed!

Not a fan of Journe's hands at all.

One of the things I like about FPJ, personnally. Different strokes for different folks!

Nice shares. The Lange Triple Split has my attention...and I don't care how big it is (about the same size as the Double Split, if I'm not mistaken?). My only complaint is that it's in white gold instead of platinum.

Also, I think there should be a rule that it is illegal to post Lange pics from the front only. It's like talking about Beyonce and focusing on her hair.

Lange-Triple-Split-Gear-Patrol-Slide-3-1940x1300.jpg
A.-Lange-and-Sohne-Triple-Split-SIHH-2018-7.jpg

That's better. "pr0n" in its purest form.

How could one not like, nor appreciate the craftmanship that goes into an ALS movement? Pure artisanship!

This happened...over the moon about it ;)

View attachment 909217

Makes me crave for one!

pmeis

Reaction score
Not a fan of Journe's hands at all.

Would not be my favorite on any other brand, but I always thought they were well matched to the rest of the Journe aesthetic. Maybe my imagination is limited, but I have a hard time picturing what hands would be an improvement on the typical Journe dial.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Makes me crave for one!

Looks like a classic, Murl. Way to go, and wear it in good health.

I see what you did there!

Congratulations! It looks great on that strap, too.

Thanks, guys. I appreciated all of your inputs. I love it. The strap is an unlined shell strap I already had, but really like how it looks. Have something different on order to have some options.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ first Journe I do not like...

dan'l

Reaction score
The Chronometre Bleu up there is one of maybe a handful of current production watches I *really* like.
I've been looking for one for a while, but they do not come up for sale on the secondary market that often. Sotheby's sold one last month at auction and I was quite shocked at the hammer price, considering that it was not a LE or otherwise noteworthy:
FPJ_CB_sotheby's.JPG

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 909320 I am a fan of the Drive de Cartier extra thin, released this year in steel and YG (previously only in RG). Great looking design and size 38x39mm) imo and only $5600 in steel. Manual wind as well, which would make a great dress watch I think. I’m glad Cartier is moving away from a quartz heavy portfolio.

I've had an opportunity to try it on in the rose gold and its really nice, but I didn't love it in rose gold. I think its a piece that looks best in a white metal (they previously did a limited edition in white gold). With an MSRP that is well under $6K and an in house movement, it should do very well with collectors who want a reasonably priced dress. A friend of mine bought the steel version with small seconds, date, day/night indicator, and power reserve, and he loves it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads