• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

roomiller

Reaction score
I hate that it's what moves the needle now, but there's a new Hodinkee announcement tomorrow at 1pm.

Wonder if it's a new special edition watch or another trinket

Edit: Thanks Dino, I'll give it a read through. I find this stuff fascinating

atia2

Reaction score
I am a few-less watcher after ditching a number of Rolex at Watch Club today ahead of a looming move from London to San Francisco.

Interesting. Do they offer fair prices? I tried to sell a piece at another reputable London second-hand watch store, and I was offered a third of the market buy price. I appreciate shops have costs, but it's not that hard to run an auction on eBay.

M.Photog

Reaction score
My Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50. I purchased it in 2007. I love the history of this watch.

IMG_3163.PNG

M.Photog

Reaction score
This is my titanium Seamaster. I wear it more often than the Speedmaster. I notice this is a bit of a Rolex hangout. I never really considered one until recently. A friend wears one and about has me convinced. His sailing team just won a Rolex sponsored event in the Mediterranean. Perhaps they have him on commission.

IMG_3162.jpg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that. I know that happened to another forum member several years ago. If any of them were Rolex watches be sure to contact a Rolex service center and report them as stolen and provide serial numbers. My understanding is if the watches come in for service at some point they will confiscate them and contact you. The same may be true of Cartier...but I'm not positive. Anyway, I suppose its a good reminder to people to make sure that they have the correct amount of insurance on all of their watches.

Wishing you luck building up that collection again. :cheers:
I appreciate the sentiments, thank you. Most of the watches are vintage and I didnt have serial numbers for some of those. My old Baume and the Speedy Pro I just purchased did have their serials recorded, so I wrote letters to each company asking that they be returned to me in the event that they are ever sent in for service. I doubt I will ever see any of it again, but fingers crossed just in case.

My only Rolex was on my wrist at the time, so while I never thought of myself as a Rolex guy, I guess I am at the moment.

In other news, my wife bought me a Montblanc 149 for Father's Day from our preferred jeweler prior to the robbery. While I love the pen, it is a bit big and ostentatious and would be a desk pen for me. I/we have decided to trade it in for a Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie Ultra Slim in steel. So, that will be my first replacement watch. I know Montblanc doesnt get a lot of love around here, but I think they have introduced some interesting pieces since Jerome Lambert took over and I think they are moving in the right direction. Plus the value proposition for a classic dress watch under 6mm cant be overstated. Pictures to follow when in hand.

roomiller

Reaction score
I hate that it's what moves the needle now, but there's a new Hodinkee announcement tomorrow at 1pm.

Whelp, call me a hypocrite but I can't turn down a free drink. I'll be at the Hodinkee event in Soho tonight. I'll try to catch some pictures of the new Tag.

If you're also going, I'll be the young, 6'7" guy in the white button with rocket pops on it. Come say hi.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this Hodinkee watch more than the last one.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until Hodinkee partners with Rolex to make a homage to the 1960s/1970s manual-wind Daytona with automatic movement and ceramic bezel. I think that would break the internet.

atia2

Reaction score
Checks + watch = BMW logo. Impeccable!

But the pinstripe jacket is a jarring misstep!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to say I've been somewhat tempted by the Black Bay Dark at grey market pricing. $3095 at Jomashop with bracelet which is ~30% off. I don't wear a lot of black at all and the sort of look isn't normally what I go for, but looking at some of the shots of the watch online it's really grown on me. In fact it's to the extent that it looks better than every other Black Bay, the BB36 of course being an exception. At the end of the day I won't be getting it, but it's still somewhat tempting.

Did anyone pick up the 60th anniversary Seamaster 300?

I put a down payment on the Speedmaster. I can switch it over to the Seamaster or the Railmaster if I'd like and assuming they are available and I think they will be based on what I've heard. For now am sticking with the Speedy despite already having a FOIS, but if for some reason I get an opening on a Speedy Tuesday I might go that route. Very tempted by the Railmaster. Even the Seamaster to a degree, but of all three that one has one thing that I don't like. I don't like that look of that lume pip on the bezel. In the shots I've seen it doesn't look great to me. Otherwise I like it.

Seamaster 300m master coaxial is for me still a good value proposition at grey marketing pricing and a potential alternative depending on one's preference. $4k with the bracelet at Jomashop (which is about 40% off msrp) all day long. Possibly even ~$3750 if a coupon code works on watches on a major retailer's site.

I like this Hodinkee watch more than the last one.

I quite like it myself. While I prefer the original 7754 Skipper and was wondering why the hell they added the damn date window, I actually read what they said. I'd seen the Autavia Skippers before, but never this one and read how rare it is. Assuming one was ever in the wild I can only imagine it'd go for something like $50k right now with how hot the vintage market and apparently the vintage Heuer market is. Then I also noticed how they took inspiration from the Dato 45 and it made a lot more sense. In fact looking at it more and more the date didn't bug me at all and I like the asymmetrical balance it brought to the dial. Then I saw it was only 11mm thick and it looks great on all the straps. What I really love though are the colors and details of the dial. That blue in the daylight in the photos is just amazing. Love the track. The subdials colors with that dial, the subdial hand and the seconds hand... Amazing combination in what is an amazing looking Spring/Summer watch if you will. I tend to categorize my watches seasonally to some degree while still wearing them year round, but this watch just screams Spring/Summer to me and really ties into my wardrobe. I still think that Vacheron x Hodinkee is the best they've ever done. Still this is second and at a much more attainable price. Once again I think they've done an amazing job here and I have no problem with their collaboration releases. Oh, and incoming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads