• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pmeis

Reaction score
Hodinkee strap sale was fun...a solid investment of 25 bucks...
596BDC85-BC07-490A-984F-64C588614334.jpeg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Ebitdaddy

How did you get into Sinn? I recently saw them at a local AD and with Seiko prices jumping up, might be worth looking at other brands to see what they're known for.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Ebitdaddy

How did you get into Sinn? I recently saw them at a local AD and with Seiko prices jumping up, might be worth looking at other brands to see what they're known for.

My dad had one a long time ago (I need to get it serviced). That is how I know about them. Then was looking for a beater watch and found this u50. Was 50/50 on the hands but in-person they look great.

I love that Sinn has their own unique design language, their divers for example like this u50 do not look anything like any other watch on the market.

That, and features like tegimented steel (it actually works), double AR, crazy water resistance even being ~11mm thick, etc...all super nice.

Go used for sure if you do buy. You'll save ~30% - 40%

pmeis

Reaction score
My dad had one a long time ago (I need to get it serviced). That is how I know about them. Then was looking for a beater watch and found this u50. Was 50/50 on the hands but in-person they look great.

I love that Sinn has their own unique design language, their divers for example like this u50 do not look anything like any other watch on the market.

That, and features like tegimented steel (it actually works), double AR, crazy water resistance even being ~11mm thick, etc...all super nice.

Go used for sure if you do buy. You'll save ~30% - 40%

To add to this, I've had two different U50's (each bought preowned) and have third on the way. I like that it is a thoroughly modern dive watch that doesn't feel beholden to mid-century design, like most current dive watches. The U50 in particular is incredibly thin for a 500m WR watch (and dive watches in general) at 11.2mm and it just wears extremely well. The aesthetics can be polarizing, but if you like the general look of it, I think it'd be hard to be disappointed with everything else. The biggest downside is probably the bracelet and clasp, but Sinn is starting to roll out an adjustable clasp now.

Actually, scratch that...if you're in the US, the biggest downside is Watchbuys having exclusive distribution...

The non-limited models can regulary be had for under $2k. The LE versions tend to hold their value pretty well. I sold my first two in order to fund a couple different higher priority watches knowing I'd always be able to pick up another. I think the first one sold to fund my Geophysic and the second one sold to fund my FXD. Now that I don't have either of the U50s or the watches I sold them for, I essentially ordered the new lume dial LE to be my main dive watch, which was especially attractive thanks to the lack of date.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Code as in a TWAT enthusiast isn’t really able to score actual twat so he’s wanking it to wind his whistle and watch simultaneously, code speak. Not Code 11.59, nobody wants that sort of jerking around. I call that a cocktease. Or placing your name on a list in gentlemen speak.
Oh no no, no code. Only straightforward speak here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The U50 in particular is incredibly thin for a 500m WR watch (and dive watches in general) at 11.2mm and it just wears extremely well.

They really do offer a unique package (especially for a diver) and as you said, the lack of thickness makes for a super comfortable, durable watch. My only gripe with Sinn is that the bracelets feel cheap. The one I owned was 15 years ago, but they still seem to look the same. However, throw them on a NATO and it's a lot of watch for the money. If it matters, you are also not likely to see one out in the wild unlike a sub or seamaster.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Delugs deployant today and put it on a navy matte blue alligator strap I had purchased from delugs about a year or so ago.

I spend way too much time at work typing so you guys are getting bullet points lol.

-Pretty easy to install. Remove the normal spring bar, attach one end, and you're basically done. Took me a minute or so.

-The springs feel nice. Not loose or anything. Very snappy.

-The "S" shaped pin is very pronounced and does what the information on their site says it does. That whole area on the strap is quite flat and comfy.

-I like to type a lot while wearing my watches, and sometimes deployants make it feel weird when my wrist rests on my desk. This fits great and is close to as comfy as a normal pin buckle to me.

-Stylized D logo on this looks nice too. Not tacky or anything and I don't see a reason to scratch my OEM buckles. :)

For the money, I am happy with it and will be ordering 2 or 3 more to stick on some of my watches with nicer leather straps that I do not want to put premature wear and tear on.

Rev2.jpg

rev5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElisabethGerlach