• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has always been a Milgauss fan, especially the quintessential one with the black dial and green crystal. I feel it's a bit dated; anyhow, she's been chatting with our local jeweler and they have a 2022 with papers, pristine, 3-year warranty remaining at a reasonable but still obviously high price to gain some profit.

Anyway, any thoughts on the Milgauss? She has a few watches, such as from Hermes, the classic black Explorer, the white Chanel J12 (my favorite on her), and a Cartier tank, so IMO, a great, well-rounded collection. In addition, she has an Apple Watch that she wears sporadically.

Anyone wearing Milgauss these days and it's a comfortable, good look? I like that it's at least somewhat stealth for Rolex.

(I'm a Polar Explorer II guy, which I love to pieces.)

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
I like the simplicity.

vAA5Wbo.jpeg

Looks amazing, but the watch in the foreground is a bit distracting! (not dissing your Rolex, I'm hyping your cat!)

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife has always been a Milgauss fan, especially the quintessential one with the black dial and green crystal. I feel it's a bit dated; anyhow, she's been chatting with our local jeweler and they have a 2022 with papers, pristine, 3-year warranty remaining at a reasonable but still obviously high price to gain some profit.

Anyway, any thoughts on the Milgauss? She has a few watches, such as from Hermes, the classic black Explorer, the white Chanel J12 (my favorite on her), and a Cartier tank, so IMO, a great, well-rounded collection. In addition, she has an Apple Watch that she wears sporadically.

Anyone wearing Milgauss these days and it's a comfortable, good look? I like that it's at least somewhat stealth for Rolex.

It is terribly top heavy. While some here have disagreed with me,
F9E9D4E4-34A7-4D8E-9F6C-F6BC2246186D.jpeg
E091BE53-84DE-4A5E-877C-F0ACF4CA3C07.jpeg
5A12FDE2-6AC8-48F0-9AB7-B894F020151F.jpeg

it is not a comfortable watch to wear. My 7.25” wrist found it work.

Tried several alternatives bands, they just exacerbated the situation.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of Rolex. However, the Milgauss just always fell flat for me. AD's tried to sell me on them a few times. I've tried all the variations on including the blue dial, which was my favorite, but not enough to pull the trigger on one. As @Scuppers mentioned, there is something about the size to weight ratio or fit that just gives it an odd feel. Years ago a friend owned the white dial for a year, just didn't love it and sold it. Then got a black dial with green crystal, and that didn't last more than a year.

Your wife seems to have a well rounded collection. To me the Explorer is a better watch, a bit more stealthy and less blingy since other than the bezel it's all brushed surfaces, and a Milgauss is largely redundant...but hey I own a few pieces that I'm sure people would say are redundant. Even if your wife worked near the MRI department in a hospital, she could go with a Cartier Santos which is more antimagnetic and gives her a completely different look. But sometimes the heart wants what it wants, so sometimes buying the item she really loves saves time, effort, and headaches. Good luck with whatever you and she decide.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
realilluminati546