• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what the Johnson's for, comrade.
fdd7c731-d276-47dd-9272-6c766960bbbc_text.gif

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I officially reached the one year mark with the Tudor Pelagos 39. Probably my most consistently worn watch over the last year. Some thoughts, in no apparent order:
  • Titanium is a great material for a daily watch. It is much lighter and more comfortable than any of my other watches. I've never been able to work out with a watch - but I wear my Pelagos running, lifting weights, golfing, you name it.
  • The comfort is exacerbated by the on-the-fly adjustment. In 2024, I think it is unforgivable for a sports watch on a bracelet NOT to have an on-the-fly adjustment. At least for me, it dramatically improves comfort. And this is not some complex engineering feat.
  • The watch is only 11.8 mm and, while it slips underneath a cuff alright, it is not nearly as svelte as my 11.6mm Explorer. The links of the bracelet are much thicker than Rolex links and that increases the wearing size of the watch, in terms of circumference. Not sure this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it wears larger than the dimensions would suggest.
  • I have removed the Pelagos from the bracelet a number of times... and it has been back on the bracelet within 24 hours. Because of the larger lug width relative to size - 21 mm - I think that it looks better on the bracelet. Further, the bracelet is so darn good that nothing can really compare.
  • The bezel action is great, as is the crown and all that. Movement keeps time to -1 second per day. No complaints with QC.
  • The color of the titanium has a very brooding look to it. Much more dull and toolish than steel. I really enjoy it.
  • I like the sunburst dial and the sunburst bezel. The sunburst dial is not very noticeable. The sunburst bezel is noticeable and, as many people have observed, kind of ghosts in light. It is cool in my opinion. The only thing with the sunburst dial - in certain lights, in kind of has a brown tinge to it. It only happens in direct light, but I would not say it is an attractive look.
  • The watch is pretty darn boring, which I think is a good thing. It just looks like a dive watch, and I like that it does not draw any attention, from anyone.
  • The watch has filled the niche I was looking for to a T. I wanted something that I could beat up and wear anywhere, anytime, doing anything. It feels completely unpretentious, and I really appreciate that.
IMG_2006.jpeg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I officially reached the one year mark with the Tudor Pelagos 39. Probably my most consistently worn watch over the last year. Some thoughts, in no apparent order:
  • Titanium is a great material for a daily watch. It is much lighter and more comfortable than any of my other watches. I've never been able to work out with a watch - but I wear my Pelagos running, lifting weights, golfing, you name it.
  • The comfort is exacerbated by the on-the-fly adjustment. In 2024, I think it is unforgivable for a sports watch on a bracelet NOT to have an on-the-fly adjustment. At least for me, it dramatically improves comfort. And this is not some complex engineering feat.
  • The watch is only 11.8 mm and, while it slips underneath a cuff alright, it is not nearly as svelte as my 11.6mm Explorer. The links of the bracelet are much thicker than Rolex links and that increases the wearing size of the watch, in terms of circumference. Not sure this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it wears larger than the dimensions would suggest.
  • I have removed the Pelagos from the bracelet a number of times... and it has been back on the bracelet within 24 hours. Because of the larger lug width relative to size - 21 mm - I think that it looks better on the bracelet. Further, the bracelet is so darn good that nothing can really compare.
  • The bezel action is great, as is the crown and all that. Movement keeps time to -1 second per day. No complaints with QC.
  • The color of the titanium has a very brooding look to it. Much more dull and toolish than steel. I really enjoy it.
  • I like the sunburst dial and the sunburst bezel. The sunburst dial is not very noticeable. The sunburst bezel is noticeable and, as many people have observed, kind of ghosts in light. It is cool in my opinion. The only thing with the sunburst dial - in certain lights, in kind of has a brown tinge to it. It only happens in direct light, but I would not say it is an attractive look.
  • The watch is pretty darn boring, which I think is a good thing. It just looks like a dive watch, and I like that it does not draw any attention, from anyone.
  • The watch has filled the niche I was looking for to a T. I wanted something that I could beat up and wear anywhere, anytime, doing anything. It feels completely unpretentious, and I really appreciate that.
View attachment 2140131
This is one of the best watches on the market. Looks great on your wrist. Mine looks like a dime mounted on my forearm.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the best watches on the market. Looks great on your wrist. Mine looks like a dime mounted on my forearm.
PWK problems!

Can always get the 42mm and suck up the stupid extra line of dial text. :angry:

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I really love all design at Tudor > Rolex for the most part. The more vintage-y look is great, and like you said, they are very tool watch.

My 37mm should be here on Friday

View attachment 2140131

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, now that you've elaborated a bit, I mostly agree with you. Generally, you're right about some points. Most people would hand over the watch. Everyone owning a firearm doesn't make anyone safer, especially without proper training. One should generally be careful and develop acute situational awareness.

I disagree with some specific points, though, but we're not likely to meet in the middle, so why bother.
Shot enough people in Angola (the country, not the state prison) in the late '80s that I'm really not looking to add to my karmic load. Take my watch bro.

Last edited:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2140131
Nice write-up. Lately I've been considering getting rid of my Seamaster and replacing it with the all blue Pelagos. I need to walk over to the local AD and try one on.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentChandler