• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Rolex bracelets, my 2003 GMT bracelet has got some sag to it these days - thoughts or opinions on whether to have it serviced by 3rd party or replaced by Rolex at its next standard service in a couple of years?

Also, are there any recommendations on shops that will just service the bracelet? Rolliworks still the #1 go to for that type of work?
My experience with having a 3rd party trying to fix up the bracelet on the Sub I bought in '91 wasn't too positive. The price I paid was a bout a third of the cost of a new bracelet, and going back I would rather have put that money towards a new one.
Does your bracelet have an extension link in the clasp? If so, I'd recommend removing it (as you presumably never use it), as that'll eliminate quite a bit of jangling IME.

Last edited:

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-02-16 171251.png

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Number 1 modern Rolex in my opinion:

View attachment 2135973
View attachment 2135975

Especially if you brush the **** out of it.
I f*cking HATE to be that guy, bro, but these pictures are heavily edited. In real life, in the actual metal, the watch is a bit underwhelming. The subdials are more of a darker gray. The black dial is more of a charcoal, and in certain light looks off. These are fantastic pictures, but the real thing isn't as cool. The panda 126509 is much, much better.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teddy Baldasare, or however the f*ck you spell they/them's name, opened an AD, but it's in Cleveland. I went to Cleveland once for work. I feel asleep on the plane and when we landed thought we were re-routed to Chernobyl.
When I think of luxury watches, 'Cleveland' comes first. And then, Drew Carey.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I f*cking HATE to be that guy, bro, but these pictures are heavily edited. In real life, in the actual metal, the watch is a bit underwhelming. The subdials are more of a darker gray. The black dial is more of a charcoal, and in certain light looks off. These are fantastic pictures, but the real thing isn't as cool. The panda 126509 is much, much better.

Well, aren't you lame. I am interested in seeing it, now.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I think of luxury watches, 'Cleveland' comes first. And then, Drew Carey.

Masseuse: “in Japan, men come first and women come second”

Austin : “or sometimes never at all :devil:

Excuse the lowbrow humor/tastes in movies.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teddy Baldasare, or however the f*ck you spell they/them's name, opened an AD, but it's in Cleveland. I went to Cleveland once for work. I feel asleep on the plane and when we landed thought we were re-routed to Chernobyl.

I lol’d, but in all seriousness, good for him. Dude has worked his butt off for years and built a real business. Got to give credit where it is due.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 74 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 74 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 34 16.9%

Forum statistics

Threads