• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for posting this but I have no choice now...

IMG_0030.jpeg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who else is getting a watch for Christmas? Think my wife got me something—something relatively inexpensive and more for the fun of it, I detect. After the 5811 last month, easy/low-key is welcome :)

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not me. I tried to see if my 7 year old had any interest, but no luck so far.

Who else is getting a watch for Christmas? Think my wife got me something—something relatively inexpensive and more for the fun of it, I detect. After the 5811 last month, easy/low-key is welcome :)

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
picking out a g shock for my kiddo to replace his seiko 5 . we don't do christmas tho

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried asking for one, but all I got was a OEM box of mediocre quality. IT WAS A REAL BOX THO

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either my wife bought me the 5196J and is pretending someone else bought it the day she was going to go into the AD or she's getting earrings and I'm getting nothing and then floating the idea that it's all good and I'll just get a Lange 1 instead after the holidays...

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full credit to IWC for the worst release of the year. I guess they were hoping no one would notice if they dropped it right before the holidays.

IWC could have gone 3-4mm larger at least. Wrist presence is virtually 0!!

IMG_0332.jpeg

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
I think it looks bigger on pictures, on wrist it looks a bit more balanced. The stock strap is horrible though and would need to be replaced. The Large is too small and runs on quartz, not appealing at all.
Quartz version is much prettier. Automatic is too large and date window on automatic ruins the dial.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProstadiCosts