• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20230402_111310.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did a bunch of Canucks sneak across the e-border and infiltrate Styleforum? I’m going to contact @LA Guy to see if he can do something about that. Oh wait . . .

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3154.jpeg

Somehow a chip or a dust spec has appeared on my dial, out of nowhere, between the 9 and 10 o'clock batons.

There's also a little black mark on the date wheel (1st) which is magnified by the cyclops. I was kinda willing to overlook that but now with the chip on the dial, I feel I have no choice but to take advantage of the warranty. Pretty sad.

Does anyone have any experience with Rolex warranty service? Wondering whether to just drop the watch at their UK HQ at St. James' Square where they have a repair centre or go through the warranty process with the AD.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the blue Artem sailcloth back in December. Put it on a deployant and found it was too small. Never got around to putting the pin buckle back on until this week.

I quickly realized it had nothing to do with the deployant and it's way too small to be their standard length so I measured it and low and behold, it's measures in at 66/105mm rather than 75/115mm as expected.

I wondered how Artem would handle it because it's been four months but I sent them some images and they happily agreed to ship the right size out but asked me to return the wrong one. Was kind of hoping they'd let me keep it. I'd have happily given it away to one of you small wristed TWAT/FART/Fambly members.

IMG_8587.jpg

When I compare the Artem to the Jean Rousseau I bought for the current gen Speedy, I have to say the Artem compares quite nicely and at half the price is a great deal. I wish they made one in black with blue stitching.

Lastly, I'm 100% sold on quick release spring bars.

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
I picked up the blue Artem sailcloth back in December. Put it on a deployant and found it was too small. Never got around to putting the pin buckle back on until this week.

I quickly realized it had nothing to do with the deployant and it's way too small to be their standard length so I measured it and low and behold, it's measures in at 66/105mm rather than 75/115mm as expected.

I wondered how Artem would handle it because it's been four months but I sent them some images and they happily agreed to ship the right size out but asked me to return the wrong one. Was kind of hoping they'd let me keep it. I'd have happily given it away to one of you small wristed TWAT/FART/Fambly members.

View attachment 1931585

When I compare the Artem to the Jean Rousseau I bought for the current gen Speedy, I have to say the Artem compares quite nicely and at half the price is a great deal. I wish they made one in black with blue stitching.

Lastly, I'm 100% sold on quick release spring bars.
small wristed swatch trash here, happy to put it to good use!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1931533

Somehow a chip or a dust spec has appeared on my dial, out of nowhere, between the 9 and 10 o'clock batons.

There's also a little black mark on the date wheel (1st) which is magnified by the cyclops. I was kinda willing to overlook that but now with the chip on the dial, I feel I have no choice but to take advantage of the warranty. Pretty sad.

Does anyone have any experience with Rolex warranty service? Wondering whether to just drop the watch at their UK HQ at St. James' Square where they have a repair centre or go through the warranty process with the AD.
Sorry to hear about those issues. I've owed I think 20 Rolex watches over the years and only had a warranty issue on one of them. Although I'm not in the UK, I brought my watch to Rolex's NYC Service Center, because I prefer explaining the issue directly with Rolex reps, and also because they have all the necessary factory tools and dyes to do anything necessary. There are a few ADs that have small service centers inside them (not sure if the UK ADs have that), but in my past experiences AD service centers just are not as good as the main service centers. Yours should be a fairly easy fix, install a new dial and new date wheel. Wishing you luck with whatever you decide.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about those issues. I've owed I think 20 Rolex watches over the years and only had a warranty issue on one of them. Although I'm not in the UK, I brought my watch to Rolex's NYC Service Center, because I prefer explaining the issue directly with Rolex reps, and also because they have all the necessary factory tools and dyes to do anything necessary. There are a few ADs that have small service centers inside them (not sure if the UK ADs have that), but in my past experiences AD service centers just are not as good as the main service centers. Yours should be a fairly easy fix, install a new dial and new date wheel. Wishing you luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks a lot, I was thinking of going straight to the service centre as well.

I just can't fathom how the speck/chip will appear out of nowhere if the dial compartment is more or less sealed. Anyway, I've got the Explorer to keep me company until they fix it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads