• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truer words have never been written. Imagine if the box was also made in Thailand. In that case, it’s not cuckoldry but the old ladyboy reverse Uno. You get what you pay for as they say. Or buy the seller in other words.
バンコク市場
中流階級が来た
見つけた時計箱

@Clouseau

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. UMC Manhattan doesn’t even know where Bangkok is. He needs a dealer to give him a paper mock up to prove authenticity.
モロッコの絨毯
タイの包装紙
長く読むと知り尽くす

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some future civilization is going to unearth this bezel someday and speculate that it was a primitive cock ring of little to no value.

Would be a pretty lucrative invention actually. You turn the bezel to 10/20/30 minutes and that is exactly how long you can hold your “breath” and then you have a large “exhale”.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it’s the whole point (and I think this is a great watch), but it’s just so dull with all the matte finishes. It needs a little shine.

Wow, really? I love the Tudor's role as tool watch. Too much shine would attract barracuda in the water or the Taliban on land. :fonz: Love it as is.

Honestly, the P39 has just enough shine for me. The dial and the bezel reflect just the right amount of light (for me, the original Pelagos was just too matte). I also hate PCLs, so I may have a bias. If I got a GMT or Daytona, the first thing I would do is brush the PCLs.

I have found this one to be nearly impossible to take off. The lightness of the titanium, the perfect sizing for my 7" wrist, and the comfortable bracelet with the on-the-fly adjustment system, makes it so incredibly compelling.

I really hope that Tudor continues to use this platform, because I could see myself adding another.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8700.jpeg

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you with late model Rolexes concerned about the amplitude issue with chronergy escapement movements that people are talking about? There was a recent Reddit discussion which is where it was referred to me.

We are now ~7 years into the chronergy era, so I'm really curious as to how prevalent this is and whether Rolex will be able to resolve it without taking a hit to their reputation of making bulletproof movements. Both my Explorer and BLNR are from the 31xx generation so fortunately I have no exposure to this, but seems like this could be a real problem.

ow7v58tmtpoa1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads