• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kevin O'Leary kinda sucks for me. His whole schtick of "have to own 3 watches from a brand to be a collector" and then afterwards everything he talks about is investment is ******* gag inducing. The worst was when he was talking to FP Journe's brother and something to the effect of "when FP dies, the value will skyrocket".
Oh yeah, he may be the worst.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, will do.

I have to say, though, that I am very much not a “collector” myself. I have an obsessive fixation on watches, but I don’t particularly care to amass them.

The most egregious “collector” I can recall is the French guy behind the OAK collection. The fact that he has a consultant that studies and picks his watches for him and he seems to have zero personal attachment or direct involvement with his watches is extremely off-putting.

In contrast, Goldberger is all Goldberger.
That type of collecting seems strange to me as well, but it has given us things like the Simon Norton Museum, so I guess that some good can come of it?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage platinum Cintree with original platinum bracelet was pretty ******* interesting.

White gold Pebble with grey dial was pretty ******* interesting.

Triple calendar and moon phase Rolex in an Oyster case was pretty ******* interesting.

Vintage military-issue Panerai with tropical dial was pretty ******* interesting.

Trio of grand complication pocket watches from AP, Cartier, and Patek were pretty ******* interesting, particularly the Cartier which was made in the 30’s but had a crystal display back and skeletonized dial / movement.

I mean, I dunno, seemed pretty ******* interesting to me.
Pardonnez-nous, Seigneur, dans nos prisons captives
De songer avant tout aux vieux trésors humains,
Et de nous retourner toujours vers l’autre rive
Et d’appeler hier plus encore que demain.

(Brasillach)

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do withhold too many opinions. Will continue, carry on.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really do withhold too many opinions. Will continue, carry on.
Your tank asymmetric sold for 68 crores thou only, wink wink

cho cartier.jpg

there was quite a rush at the end, as we had foreseen

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that very Panerai on the wishlist. 8 days. no seconds hand. classic sandwich dial and design.
though, and this reveals my basic nature, i also kinda love their due moon phase …
I think that a typical Panerai is a beautiful, solid tool watch, a moon phase upsets its nature and appears totally out of place to me.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that a typical Panerai is a beautiful, solid tool watch, a moon phase upsets its nature and appears totally out of place to me.
Feast your eyes.

1670509252621.png

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%