• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably explains why Govberg got a lot of their AD statuses pulled once they started pimping the **** out of their Watchbox inventory.

That's the one of my big problems with Govberg...I don't mind building up a purchase history to get a high demand piece, but they dont have ANY brands that really interest me aside from Rolex and Patek

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the one of my big problems with Govberg...I don't mind building up a purchase history to get a high demand piece, but they dont have ANY brands that really interest me aside from Rolex and Patek
They used to have AD status for quite a few brands with a bunch of Richemont trash, Swatch garbage, independent brands, Rolex, and Patek. Now they barely have ****.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They used to have AD status for quite a few brands with a bunch of Richemont trash, Swatch garbage, independent brands, Rolex, and Patek. Now they barely have ****.
Probably indicates that the secondary market was much more profitable for them?

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, Macron putting his hands everywhere as usual, Biden should watch his Rolex…

I like these.

1669926956702.png

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a big problem with a lot of Rolex ADs. They want you to buy a lot of other merchandise before they will sell you what you want, but most of the other products they carry aren't of any interest. If you are interested in buying a Rolex or Patek, why do they think you'd be interested in buying some Shinola watches or jewelry you can get at an average mall jeweler? Want me to buy other stuff, carry some really good brands!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a big problem with a lot of Rolex ADs. They want you to buy a lot of other merchandise before they will sell you what you want, but most of the other products they carry aren't of any interest. If you are interested in buying a Rolex or Patek, why do they think you'd be interested in buying some Shinola watches or jewelry you can get at an average mall jeweler? Want me to buy other stuff, carry some really good brands!

yea, the other AD in my area is the one that I've put most of my hopes into...they carry nice jewelry plus JLC, IWC, Cartier, Tudor, etc

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolex disagrees with you. How else would you know that you have a:
Rolex
Oyster Perpetual
Superlative Chronometer
Officially Certified
Cosmograph

Daytona

How about

ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE
ROLEX
OYSTER PERPETUAL
DEEPSEA CHALLENGE
SEA-DWELLER
36090ft = 11000m
SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER
OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED
SWISS MADE
RING LOCK SYSTEM

1669930096623.png

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-- Pricing is not very attractive...

Chrono24 average for the 116710LN is about $18K US so a couple thousand dollar premium to buy at an AD. Not as bad as I thought. At first glance I thought 16700EU was crazy but it's not outrageous.

Note, just one model that caught my eye because I have one. I didn't check the others.

bucherer.jpg

chocomallo

Reaction score
This Rolex CPO thing is going to lead to some interesting conversations :

Customer- Hi, I’d like to buy a black dialed Daytona!

Dealer- Sorry, we won’t get a new one for another year and there are 20 people in line ahead of you. But you’re in luck, we just got a CPO model in and it’s only $30k..

Customer-:oops:
I believe you call it a CPO-NIB special.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone already mentioned this, but the new Rolex CPO allows buyers to form an AD “relationship” within the brand from the get go - perhaps eliminating the pressure to buy other brands in the store? ADs might not like where this leads, of course…

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.1%