• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they're just doing it so that their ADs have more than exhibition watches to display. :alien:
I think they also want a piece of the action. If prices are similar across the vintage market why would anyone NOT buy from Rolex? I'm assuming they will clean and service the watches?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think this ends the ability to get one at msrp entirely. Why wouldn’t the AD sell to a cut out and buy it back a week/month later and sell it at market price?

pmeis

Reaction score
I think they also want a piece of the action. If prices are similar across the vintage market why would anyone NOT buy from Rolex? I'm assuming they will clean and service the watches?
Oh for sure, I was being a bit silly. God knows how much cash they've left on the table by not participating in the secondary market themselves. Heck, they got to pay for that new billion-dollar factory somehow!

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure, I was being a bit silly. God knows how much cash they've left on the table by not participating in the secondary market themselves. Heck, they got to pay for that new billion-dollar factory somehow!
Is Rolex getting more money or just the AD?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Rolex getting more money or just the AD?
That's a good point. I'm guessing they (much like the NCAA, FIFA, and IOC) will ensure that money gets kicked up...)

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think this ends the ability to get one at msrp entirely. Why wouldn’t the AD sell to a cut out and buy it back a week/month later and sell it at market price?
Needs to be at least 3 years old. We have the same here with social housing, you have to wait 5 years before you can sell it on the open market having received it at a 40% discount courtesy of your fellow taxpayers. Real estate still through the roof.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call me AP trash, don't care, I dig the new star wheel. Seconds hand sucks, but best Code 11.59 to date. And I could live with the crappy seconds hand pointing to nothing.

View attachment 1862822
I'm not a fan of the Code, but I agree this is the best version to date! Although, I really don't care for the seconds hand on a watch like this. They've never put one on previous Star Wheel models, so I'm sure why they added it to this version.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was quite the fan of the Schaeffer star wheel/repeater, this is just an abomination.
I always disliked their Millenary models, but somehow the Star Wheel design just worked well with the Millenary case. A friend of mine had one in rose gold and it was a real beauty!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered why Glashutte Original and Lange both insist on such large date displays? I like the date function but only look at it once (or sometimes not at all) during the day. Nothing really wrong with dates that big but they are a bit distracting.

Just me?

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered why Glashutte Original and Lange both insist on such large date displays? I like the date function but only look at it once (or sometimes not at all) during the day. Nothing really wrong with dates that big but they are a bit distracting.

Just me?
I'm getting old like everybody else and the big date is very legible. You only need to glance at it.

It's pretty hard to go back to tiny date windows after getting a GO/ALS. For me it's either no date, no cyclops or big date.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just me?
Legibility? I like the large dates both pratically and as a matter of the design (which is why I also like Rolex: see cyclops)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legibility? I like the large dates both pratically and as a matter of the design (which is why I also like Rolex: see cyclops)
It's complication I like on my watches but the one I use the least. I agree on the getting older/reading glasses thing, though.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's complication I like on my watches but the one I use the least. I agree on the getting older/reading glasses thing, though.
I don't mind the big date on a Lange since they were the first to use it on their watches (although developed by JLC for them). Personally, I just got sick of the big date after it started showing up on dozens of other watches Breguet, Omega, Breitling, etc. Even VC threw them on on their 1st and 2nd generation Overseas chronos, and I felt it really detracted from those pieces.

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.1%