• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Omega 1957 60th Anniversary Trilogy Limited Editions, Seamaster, Railmaster, Speedmaster.

View attachment 1837324
I like the Railmaster, but I would never admit to that in this thread

Rising interest rates? No problem, Powell with a Rolex Submariner.

“Don’t worry about my watch, I need to unemploy you!!!”

by the way, anyone have a US source to DLC a watch? I’ve used Jack at IWW previously but he no longer does bracelets. I don’t want to just DLC the head ( :uhoh: ) and be left with a stainless bracelet. There is a guy in NYC that sells watches already DLC’d but I don’t feel like paying a $6-7k premium over retail for a watch I already have.

pmeis

Reaction score
Currency is fluctuating like crazy right now between USD, Pound and EUR... companies are doing pricing corrections to stay level between markets.
Yeah, it's crazy. I stayed up late Monday morning to try to get in on the Fratello X Nomos Weltzeit LE and succeeded. They were selling it for the normal EU price and of course dropped the 20% VAT. With the current FX rate, I ended up paying $3750 shipped. The standard versions of these generally sell for around $3.3k preowned, while the US retail price is $6100 (though I doubt anybody actually pays that amount). I knew the rates had been turning in favor of the dollar, but I hadn't realized the extent until then.

mebiuspower

Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago it was big news that they're on par... now we're almost at 4% more ...

1664374053020.png

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are only two proper hedges against inflation. Patek and Rolex wristwatches and being an ambulance chasing attorney. Pick one or the other unless you are George Red and can accomplish both.
Don't forget being married to Alpha female.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
There are only two proper hedges against inflation. Patek and Rolex wristwatches and being an ambulance chasing attorney. Pick one or the other unless you are George Red and can accomplish both.
That’s why I am still hesitating for my next purchase. I would like to try an Omega, but Rolex are a better investment.

kongmw

Reaction score
Has anyone placed an order for a mechanical rose gold Tank Louis Cartier (WGTA0011) at their AD (not the boutique)? If so, what was your lead time like?

From what I hear they don't make a ton of these a year, but it also doesn't seem to be an "allocated" piece either...
I recently ordered one through my AD. Placed the deposit in June and received the watch in 5 weeks.

FWIW when I enquired about it at the 5th Maison in May, they said they had it on hand for purchase.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Based on what I read it sounded like ESA asked them for the functionality. It's certified and will be worn by personnel and astronauts in the ESA.
What other companies are making watches that are still being deployed in the field like this, that you can also buy as a consumer? Honest question
Looks like it's the latest version of a model made previously ICW the ESA. Apparently the older version at least was rated it for the ISS.

"Part of Omega's X-33 line, which was first introduced in 1998 as the "Mars Watch" and was certified by NASA for use by astronauts aboard the International Space Station, the new Marstimer builds off the features of the ESA-tested and qualified Speedmaster Skywalker X-33, including mission and phase elapsed times, alarms and a perpetual calendar."

"One of the highlights of the first ESA ‘Space Rarities’ auction being held on Friday, 12 April 2019, is this flown Omega Speedmaster X-33 Skywalker chronograph watch, serial No. 92115589. This watch is very special in that travelled as one of only five sent by Omega to the International Space Station on board the Japanese HTV-6 space vehicle, launched on 9 December 2016. It stayed on the ISS during ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet's Proxima mission and returned to Earth on the SpaceX Dragon CRS-11 spacecraft on 3 July 2017, shortly after the return of Pesquet. It has logged 206 days in space including 202 on board the ISS."

DorianGreen

Reaction score
That’s why I am still hesitating for my next purchase. I would like to try an Omega, but Rolex are a better investment.
I know, Patek Philippe and Rolex (at different price points) are the best investment, though I would suggest you to buy what you like. I never bought a watch having in mind to possibly resell it. I buy what I like for the pleasure to wear it.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncommonSequel