• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From your lips to God’s ears!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some advice on what is possible - thinking about buying the blue bezel/silver face santos because I love the textured face and lumed hands, and then doing a swap to a standard bezel.

What do people think of this makeup? Is that possible/do-able?

Here's my quick mock-up:
View attachment 1808418
When you ask is it possible, do you mean buy the blue PVD Santos and then buy a steel bezel and swap the steel bezel for the blue PVD bezel? If so, that's unlikely. I don't think they will sell you a steel bezel to swap out. If you are talking about a custom piece, call your local Cartier boutique, inquire, and then let us know what they say.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you ask is it possible, do you mean buy the blue PVD Santos and then buy a steel bezel and swap the steel bezel for the blue PVD bezel? If so, that's unlikely. I don't think they will sell you a steel bezel to swap out. If you are talking about a custom piece, call your local Cartier boutique, inquire, and then let us know what they say.
Yes, I was hoping they would sell me a steel bezel in addition to the blue pvd watch, and I could have my watch guy swap. I might just ask my local AD?

How much might Cartier up-charge for a custom piece like that?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the upcharge for a custom piece would be. However, I don’t think they will sell you a steel bezel to swap it with the blue PVD bezel. Many watch companies will not sell extra parts so that people can make a watch that doesn’t exist as production model.

Wishing you lots of luck with your custom idea.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Honor Blackman with the Rolex GMT Master.

Honor 0.jpg

Honor 1.jpg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, that is awesome. My goal is 60, with the caveat that I will probably taper down significantly after 55.

Enjoy retirement. If you don't mind sharing, how do you plan to spend your time?
So far I’ve been spending a lot more time with my son, and hiking and fishing a lot. We’re also researching and exploring to find a new place to live. Ultimately a lot more travel will come into play as well.

beyond that, I’m generally taking the attitude that I’m just going to say “yes” go a lot more things than I would when I was “too busy”.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pmeis

Reaction score
Nice! Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to go aftermarket, not sure of the authenticity of those, but if the gasket fits...
I think it might be a real part though. Santos have been getting more popular for aftermarket “icing-out” and I think the random spare parts available on eBay are a result of replacing the original parts with diamond encrusted stuff.

Scuppers

Reaction score
Left of field: any hifi forums you’d recommend. Rather behind.

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakes3131