• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors. Juan and his wife Margarita founded Capra Leather in 2015; the first project was a hand-stitched laptop sleeve, and since then they’ve added hand-stitching to every piece they design. Capra employs full grain leather that’s locally sourced, and their pieces are lined in suede.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is cool as fuck.
I am liking it very much after a week. 42mm but only 10mm thick, so it wears quite well. Excellent time keeping, and a useful GADA for summer vacation.
Still waiting for the navy ribbon in the correct size to show up. We shall see if that is also versatile.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been hearing the siren's call of the Submariner for the last few weeks.

With the little dude constantly in tow, I have gravitated towards wearing things I feel 100% confident can take a beating.
You have an Explorer.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been hearing the siren's call of the Submariner for the last few weeks.

With the little dude constantly in tow, I have gravitated towards wearing things I feel 100% confident can take a beating.
Well it's definitely a classic design that can take whatever you can dish out! This one just turned 17 years old last month.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sub day, but not on vacation...:-(

the 16610LV is my favorite configuration outside the classic black. Love how the older aluminum bezel fades...saw a buddy's 126610LV in person and wasn't sure how I felt about the ceramic green...

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the 16610LV is my favorite configuration outside the classic black. Love how the older aluminum bezel fades...saw a buddy's 126610LV in person and wasn't sure how I felt about the ceramic green...
I've owned the classic black and its a great watch. I liked this both because of the maxi lum plots (which the standard black bezel models did not get in the 2000s), and the interesting color of the aluminum bezel. I agree the aluminum bezels have interesting tones and fade and develop patina over time. I wasn't sold on the green ceramic bezel on the Hulks. Maybe against a black dial its better.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going off of @TheFoo custom Cartier, George Cramer wrote an article on the process.

I wonder what the likelihood of being approved/upcharge would be for someone who wants to make modest changes on an existing model

i.e. a white gold Tank LC with a full guilloché dial with the flower-like motif at the center...

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have an Explorer.
I do, but it is a watch that I plan to give my son (it has his initials and birthday). I wear it pretty regularly (it hasn't ran out of juice once), but I am not sure how much I want it to be beat to shit. I go back and forth regarding how I should treat this watch.

Well it's definitely a classic design that can take whatever you can dish out! This one just turned 17 years old last month.
17, wow! She's getting up there. Really like the way the aluminum bezel looks now. This is definitely my favorite of the green submariners.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do, but it is a watch that I plan to give my son (it has his initials and birthday). I wear it pretty regularly (it hasn't ran out of juice once), but I am not sure how much I want it to be beat to shit. I go back and forth regarding how I should treat this watch.

17, wow! She's getting up there. Really like the way the aluminum bezel looks now. This is definitely my favorite of the green submariners.
Makes sense. In that case get a Sub. They're awesome!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I got my 16610 in 2000. Still haven't had it serviced once although I really should get the gaskets replaced at this point before I dive with it again. It's still running within COSC standards at +4-5 secs a day.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parochialfrequency