• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1806219

Out of curiosity, anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the VC Historiques triple calendar? Had an opportunity to try this watch on recently and I quite liked it. Seems relatively reasonably priced for what it is.
I think it is a pretty watch, but I kind of despise the concept of a triple calendar.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Triple-date chronographs are pretty cool:

Rolex would make a killing if it released a modern version of this watch. That would be news to get excited about instead of the incremental changes that happen every year.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is a pretty watch, but I kind of despise the concept of a triple calendar.
I'd admittedly prefer it as an annual calendar but on the other hand for the $20k+ more VC would likely charge if it were an annual calendar, I'm fine pressing the corrector button 5 times a year. I think I can squeeze it into my schedule.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd admittedly prefer it as an annual calendar but on the other hand for the $20k+ more VC would likely charge if it were an annual calendar, I'm fine pressing the corrector button 5 times a year. I think I can squeeze it into my schedule.
In that instance, you must not be very busy.

Just kidding.

You do get good bang for your buck with this one though. Nice size and width, useful complication (my bugaboo with complete calendars aside), good movement with strong power reserve, etc. If this was your daily, it would make a lot of sense.

This is a YMMV issue, but with my Patek 5205, it is a pain ********** to set and reset it. And with a manual wind, you cannot put in on a winder. Just like a Patek PCC, if it is not a daily it is probably a real pain ********** to keep the calendar up.

KevM

Reaction score
For real? I asked about a second 1921 on behalf of my dad and was told they would “register my interest” but it could take years.

Fuck VC. I may just sell the 1921 I already have. Bad taste in the mouth. They talk a big game about multi-million dollar spending VIPs and celebrity clients to make customers feel small and build a false aura of hype. Obviously all smoke and mirrors. Pathetic.

Except, secondary prices are fucking horrible on the 1921. A 30-35% hit is likely.
Does that mean the stainless overseas are Daytona level unobtanium?

montecristo#2

Reaction score
For real? I asked about a second 1921 on behalf of my dad and was told they would “register my interest” but it could take years.
Hard to believe the wait is years on the 1921…. Didn’t you just walk in and buy one from inventory a month ago?

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oahneh