• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this on IG. Might have opted for something like this over JLC if Rolex still made one so clean looking. I did want a leather strap, though.

View attachment 1797009
In a similar spirit if still offered new a 1601 on a teal or London tan calf strap would be my casual wear of choice in neutral or new situations but the second hand exemplars are too messy by now to work. There was an inspired classicism to Rolex design that is somewhat missing except for the odd unobtainium references. Even the GMT explorer update for example (orange to red hand?) made it bigger, more obvious, less harmonious or maybe I'm just no longer "with it".

Joe Compass

Reaction score
There are tasteful watches and others. Understated Patek is beautiful and elegant. An old Rolex diving watch is just perfect. Do you not actually look at the watches you buy? All the money in the world ffs
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make an American think.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello from the islands

Would take a photo of the Rolex boutique here with literally nothing in any display cases (including exhibition models), but we've all seen it before at this point. Guess I'll take a look at the Breitling, Chopard, Cartier, Bulgari, etc shops later.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread because you all scare me… 2 watches ordered… couldn’t get away for the long weekend and had money burning a hole in my pocket I guess.

1. Blancpain Titanium Bathyscaphe on nato strap with sailcoth thrown in gratis

2. Pelagos blue diver - AD ordered both fxd and standard on the bracelet for me and I will choose when the they come in. I go back and forth but lean towards the standard.

Cooking a nice meal tonight for the family to assuage my guilt.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread because you all scare me… 2 watches ordered… couldn’t get away for the long weekend and had money burning a hole in my pocket I guess.

1. Blancpain Titanium Bathyscaphe on nato strap with sailcoth thrown in gratis

2. Pelagos blue diver - AD ordered both fxd and standard on the bracelet for me and I will choose when the they come in. I go back and forth but lean towards the standard.

Cooking a nice meal tonight for the family to assuage my guilt.
Both look to be great pieces. Post some photos when you receive them.

As to your guilt...

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that watch.
Me too. If I were offered the choice of a 36mm Explorer or a Sub, it'd be a tough choice but I'd most likely go with the Explorer. What a great everyday sporty watch.

Reactions: Gus

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me too. If I were offered the choice of a 36mm Explorer or a Sub, it'd be a tough choice but I'd most likely go with the Explorer. What a great everyday sporty watch.
Even though I have a Sub Date I think I need one w/o Date to wear one of these suits. Recreation of Anthony Sinclair's suits for Sean Connery as Bond.

I'm partial to the glen plaid from Goldfinger. The cream linen from Diamonds Are Forever is smashing as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dab_44