• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

an draoi

Reaction score
You probably have the strap adjusted too tight. I about threw my first one away because I could not get it on for the life of me. Later learned that, if it's adjusted too tight, you'll never get that hook in there. Takes about 1 second nowadays.
So I tried this. Loosening the strap made it marginally easier to fasten. But now the strap is marginally too loose. Gaaaah.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just learned about the mid-2000s 36mm Railmaster. 2504.52. I wonder if I'd like this more than the Explorer (which severely underwhelmed IRL when I tried on the 39mm model).

There is also a 39mm model from the same era, which may be easier to find (this 36 seems pretty rare).

x1270386-d0e594431dfafe689191f70fb58304cc.jpg.pagespeed.ic.F-Hv8DYZm9.jpg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I tried this. Loosening the strap made it marginally easier to fasten. But now the strap is marginally too loose. Gaaaah.
It's just a matter of practice, then. Tighten it to a point where you want to wear it. I use my right index finger to lift up on the square piece a little bit while trying to hook it. It'll come.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son sends me watch content he finds on social media. This guy is an interesting watch. Any idea what the powder substance he uses to clean the bracelet?
I use a toothbrush every so often but this stuff seems to work wonders.

mebiuspower

Reaction score
My son sends me watch content he finds on social media. This guy is an interesting watch. Any idea what the powder substance he uses to clean the bracelet?

These types of watch videos are marsupialed. They're all staged and almost always show the wrong procedure/tools.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use cocaine on mine and then remove the excess with a $100 bill rolled into a suction device. Seems to work fine and I feel great afterwards.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use cocaine on mine and then remove the excess with a $100 bill rolled into a suction device. Seems to work fine and I feel great afterwards.
It's been a good 20 years since I last indulged but I'd be willing to relive my mispent youth if you are still holding.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$19k. Nice looking watch, though.

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakes3131