• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hysteria

Reaction score
Where do you folks like to go for reliable, used watches?
I'm not a deep-dive watch enthusiast, but I do keep up somewhat at a relatively superficial level.

There are two watches that I'm really interested in as a primary starting point: Longine Heritage Sector (black dial) and Grand Seiko Snowflake.

I think the Longine makes most sense for me to start with because the size is less likely to be an issue and costs half the price of the Seiko, but I"m wondering if I could get a better deal on a lightly used version. Where would you look?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where do you folks like to go for reliable, used watches?
I'm not a deep-dive watch enthusiast, but I do keep up somewhat at a relatively superficial level.

There are two watches that I'm really interested in as a primary starting point: Longine Heritage Sector (black dial) and Grand Seiko Snowflake.

I think the Longine makes most sense for me to start with because the size is less likely to be an issue and costs half the price of the Seiko, but I"m wondering if I could get a better deal on a lightly used version. Where would you look?

an draoi

Reaction score
Traditional nato: Ute straps (Hodinkee store) or Crown & Buckle supreme nato

Single pass: Haveston or Crown & Buckle Chevron

More fun, more comfortable and more expensive: Erika's Original MN strap
@9thsymph's joking aside, I would say of the Erika's MN - they are more of a PITA to put on your wrist.

Currently have my Speedy Pro on one and I'm still getting the hang of fastening it. Usually takes me 2 or 3 attempts on a good day...

It's like this, but with a shit tonne more expletives:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@9thsymph's joking aside, I would say of the Erika's MN - they are more of a PITA to put on your wrist.

Currently have my Speedy Pro on one and I'm still getting the hang of fastening it. Usually takes me 2 or 3 attempts on a good day...

You probably have the strap adjusted too tight. I about threw my first one away because I could not get it on for the life of me. Later learned that, if it's adjusted too tight, you'll never get that hook in there. Takes about 1 second nowadays.

pmeis

Reaction score

It's super easy, IME. I have one watch that I wore on an Erika's almost exclusively. After the first week it becomes second nature, certainly faster and easier than a NATO.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this was posted here already or not, but this was a good quick read about an everyman who wound up with a Tiffany stamped 5711 and wore the shit out of it.

I’m so sick of hearing about this fucking guy’s sob story. It’s just a watch, bro. Ugliest, most beat up piece of sh*t I ever saw.

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.