• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Guinness at The Dubliner to the rescue!
It honestly had not occurred to me that Guinness could be "refreshing" until I did a stint in Central Africa -- which is fairly sweaty what with being on the Equator and all -- and everyone just drinks Guinness and/or whisky. People there like Guinness so much they sell a nonalcoholic soft drink version, which I cannot recommend.

1653174381662.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It honestly had not occurred to me that Guinness could be "refreshing" until I did a stint in Central Africa -- which is fairly sweaty what with being on the Equator and all -- and everyone just drinks Guinness and/or whisky. People there like Guinness so much they sell a nonalcoholic soft drink version, which I cannot recommend.

View attachment 1794555
I was in Mali, Ghana, and Niger. Was surprised that Guinness was so popular. I had assumed a lighter beer would trend in the tropics!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went to my AD today and mentioned snoopy strap (the cordura) and the omega deployant. Generously agreed to provide it to me pro bono, which was kind.
Did you estop him and say, "Thank you very much"?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was in Mali, Ghana, and Niger. Was surprised that Guinness was so popular. I had assumed a lighter beer would trend in the tropics!
One of the locals told me that Guinness has spent decades quietly but shrewdly encouraging the rumor that it puts lead in your pencil.

;)

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyway, back to watches, the Mrs. has been wearing this a lot recently and says she has no complaints with either the comfort or timekeeping.

IMG_0926 2.jpg

pmeis

Reaction score
100%, essentially every reddit or WUS thread where someone bought a GS or an Omega will have someone bringing up out of the blue "I'd happily take this over any Rolex"

Endless copium
eh…I’m on the forums a lot, sure you see this a bit, but it really doesn’t happen all that often.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok silly question at this point, but it seems like folks here are good at getting discounts from retail prices at ADs. How does one ask for that? This would be our first watch purchase at a local AD, and it would be for 2 Cartiers at the same time. Hoping to start a relationship, but not necessarily.
Just ask what’s the “best price” they can do.

From my recent experience, Cartier is actually raising their prices pretty regularly, and discounts are unavailable on the more popular pieces. You may be able to get them to throw in an extra strap though, since that’s what they often do if you buy from the boutique.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just like people who say “Duke is the Harvard of the South” makes it painfully clear that their salty about not getting into Harvard.
I'd always heard that moniker for Vandy, not Duke.

View attachment 1794555
Non alcoholic malt drink 🤮

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wevecise