• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NonServiam

Reaction score
I have no banter to contribute, I find it difficult to both be funny and to argue in English :rolleyes:

But as I spend a boring week indoors isolated positive with Covid, let me share my two Day-Dates :satisfied: First a 1965 1803 with a very cool and short production run dial, love the indexes on this one. Case condition could be better, but the way the dial changes from silver to champagne more than makes up for it. Recent purchase, head only and still looking for the perfect strap.
801810F2-F719-4900-B374-44A68007D9DD.jpeg

Next up is my 18239 with a factory diamond dial. Perfect for shoveling snow, Norwegian date disc and all. Perhaps for holiday drinks by the pool as well, I can’t remember what that was like :tongue:
BBAF6B08-8DD5-445C-9E23-5E5F6CCA5571.jpeg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no banter to contribute, I find it difficult to both be funny and to argue in English :rolleyes:

But as I spend a boring week indoors isolated positive with Covid, let me share my two Day-Dates :satisfied: First a 1965 1803 with a very cool and short production run dial, love the indexes on this one. Case condition could be better, but the way the dial changes from silver to champagne more than makes up for it. Recent purchase, head only and still looking for the perfect strap.
View attachment 1744928
Next up is my 18239 with a factory diamond dial. Perfect for shoveling snow, Norwegian date disc and all. Perhaps for holiday drinks by the pool as well, I can’t remember what that was like :tongue:
View attachment 1744931
Interesting to see the diamond dial with what looks like a relatively casual outfit. I was talking with my wife's boss around Christmas and noticed he was wearing a yellow gold, diamond dial Day-Date in 40mm. Dial seemed just a little too large in that configuration, but he's a pretty trim and lanky guy so it could have been that. What size is yours?

NonServiam

Reaction score
Interesting to see the diamond dial with what looks like a relatively casual outfit. I was talking with my wife's boss around Christmas and noticed he was wearing a yellow gold, diamond dial Day-Date in 40mm. Dial seemed just a little too large in that configuration, but he's a pretty trim and lanky guy so it could have been that. What size is yours?
I only do casual. Very hard to shovel snow in a tux. This is the right sized DD, 36 mm. I count myself lucky to have “vintage sized” wrists :laugh:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally giving my Speedy a break. I got this strap for my DateJust, but since it’s off getting engraved, I threw it on my Sub and it works well...especially during the blizzard conditions in which I presently dwell...

1E2B2D8A-418D-48EB-903E-3165A56724C5.jpeg

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep.

In all seriousness, I do not know if there is a single perpetual calendar that is available to purchase now that is near as lovely as the 1980s perpetual calendars pumped out by the big three.
Yeah...That's a great looking watch...so well-proportioned/balanced! (Just saw an IG post about it...haha...news travels fast...)

Not crazy about the hands and sticks, though...

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah...That's a great looking watch...so well-proportioned/balanced! (Just saw an IG post about it...haha...news travels fast...)

Not crazy about the hands and sticks, though...
I like the slim baton hands (I guess they are baton hands) on a watch like this. Even with the hands obscuring the perpetual calendar information everything is legible.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefranchise