• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
See below on supposedly what it takes to get a special order Cartier watch, from an April 2021 conversation on Revolution Watch’s YouTube channel between Wei Koh and Eric Ku about their own special order Tank Cintrees. It’s ridiculous how even broadly reputed experts in this hobby can get away with such self-serving, chest-puffing mystification. Ninety-nine percent of the online “knowledge” about watches is merely parroting this sort of nonsense.

————

Wei Koh: I’m sure viewers of this will want to know how one becomes a client for the Client special order program. I keep telling everyone, because people ask me that sometimes, that there’s no shortcut. You just have to develop a relationship with Cartier, right?

Eric Ku: Yeah. It’s definitely about the relationship. The way I look at it, it’s an acknowledgment that you’ve been a fan/friend/connoisseur of the brand. It’s never a tacit you got to do this, this, and this to get this. You know?

Wei Koh: I love that about Cartier, because I think it’s so classy, right? It’s not like “Hey dude, you got to spend this much money.” It’s more about—

Eric Ku: Tell us about you. What do you love about Cartier?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See below on supposedly what it takes to get a special order Cartier watch, from an April 2021 conversation on Revolution Watch’s YouTube channel between Wei Koh and Eric Ku about their own special order Tank Cintrees. It’s ridiculous how even broadly reputed experts in this hobby can get away with such self-serving, chest-puffing mystification. Ninety-nine percent of the online “knowledge” about watches is merely parroting this sort of nonsense.

————

Wei Koh: I’m sure viewers of this will want to know how one becomes a client for the Client special order program. I keep telling everyone, because people ask me that sometimes, that there’s no shortcut. You just have to develop a relationship with Cartier, right?

Eric Ku: Yeah. It’s definitely about the relationship. The way I look at it, it’s an acknowledgment that you’ve been a fan/friend/connoisseur of the brand. It’s never a tacit you got to do this, this, and this to get this. You know?

Wei Koh: I love that about Cartier, because I think it’s so classy, right? It’s not like “Hey dude, you got to spend this much money.” It’s more about—

So basically be an influencer in their case or spend a shit ton in most people's case.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it possible to die of cringe? I may need to update my will...

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few lucky Princeton grads are about to be told they are still loved by their parents.
I can't help but think that if this was just a regular pink gold Reverso without a fucking enamel tiger, that I'd jump on that pretty quickly. Awesome dial layout and overall combo.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quite gorgeous! Maybe one can arrange a different painting/engraving on the back? Last Supper, or something like that.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quite gorgeous! Maybe one can arrange a different painting/engraving on the back? Last Supper, or something like that.
That’s always been an option. Just have to ask JLC when you buy your Reverso.

But $100K for that watch is stupid.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or, if enamel is your thing, swing it the other direction and go for this Sun Wukong limited edition (72 pieces) watch that Oris just released for $27,500:

1643308855364.png

1643308952676.png

The Sun Wukong Artist Edition features a unique hand-painted cloisonné enamel dial and shows the Dragon King’s underwater palace, where Sun Wukong (more commonly known as The Monkey King) finds a weapon in the seminal 1961 Chinese animated feature-length film The Monkey King: Uproar in Heaven. This exceptional watch will be limited to 72 numbered pieces, reflecting the number of shapes the divine Sun Wukong can appear in. Each is a work of art.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May just be me, but I do not understand, at all, the desire to spend that much money on one element of a watch when the rest of the watch is a $1-2k watch.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richemont trash question - if an AD carries some Richemont brands, but not others...do you think it is possible for them to order a watch from one of the other brands that they are not explicitly listed as an AD for?

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vazeos69