• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, that’s not high end. Being a Patek or Cartier makes quartz a subversive act.
Soooo...snobby reverse snob? Haha. Weird. But, ok...

When I wear my Swatch I’m def thinking “reverse” snob...spending a few k on a luxury watch to be reverse snob seems levels of meta I’m not ready for...

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Soooo...snobby reverse snob? Haha. Weird. But, ok...

When I wear my Swatch I’m def thinking “reverse” snob...spending a few k on a luxury watch to be reverse snob seems levels of meta I’m not ready for...

edit: “oh hi bespoke tailor. please make my suit fit badly and use a stock pattern and a machine because I’m sticking it to the man who doesn’t know I’m the man...”

edit: just realized above kind of describes Oxford. Shit. Sorry (not sorry)
It’s also about showing that you can casually blow money on something expensive without much care for substance or details.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, it’s not my mindset, but no it’s not what I’d call snobby.
I get that you’re just the messenger here. But you not thinking this non-reverse snobby shit ain’t just snobby because it’s sub snobby, but not (?), is the snobbiest shit. You da king!

edit: I actually have no idea what’s going on...just riffing at this point...no hate...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flying today. Sat next to a fellow who let me know he’s a man of “wealth and taste”. I almost laughed but managed “ Mick led me to expect someone else.” He missed my attempt at humor. It was then that I noticed the PP perpetual calendar and realized the wrist looks familiar. Could it be a participant in our watch thread? Surely not! ;)

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the part where we start debating whether certain things should matter? Only this time quartz is the soon to be dead horse?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sat next to a fellow who let me know he’s a man of “wealth and taste”.
How exactly did that come up? Was he hitting on you, or was he obnoxiously singing on the plane?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flying today. Sat next to a fellow who let me know he’s a man of “wealth and taste”. I almost laughed but managed “ Mick led me to expect someone else.” He missed my attempt at humor. It was then that I noticed the PP perpetual calendar and realized the wrist looks familiar. Could it be a participant in our watch thread? Surely not! ;)
This is why we need a code phrase to identify fellow StyleForumers. I suggest, "Isn't Lange just Richemont trash?"

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members