• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I like that character too.

Sorry don't get it.

Speedy all day
Speedy over the 15,000 Gauss every day and twice on Sundays.

Sub, GMT, Daytona, Explorer II, Explorer over the Milgauss, because in the grand scheme of things I've never had magnetism issues with my watches.

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry don't get it.

Speedy over the 15,000 Gauss every day and twice on Sundays.

Sub, GMT, Daytona, Explorer II, Explorer over the Milgauss, because in the grand scheme of th no ings because I've never had magnetism issues with my watches.
pun= Milhouse vs Milgauss

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a solid vintage dealer? I'm trying to find a GMT, no-date sub, or a seadweller. No problem with replaced parts but want disclosure + pricing that reflects it.
Along with the usual suspects (EWC, HQ Milton), I recommend Andrew Shear of Sheartime. He is very responsive to e-mails and was able to find me a matte-dial Rolex 16800 in top condition for a competitive price that I (stupidly?) failed to jump on.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just read a week's worth of posts here, and I'm not quite sure. I need to follow @RSS's advice. Anyway, I like this juxtaposition of two posts taken three days apart almost to the minute.

[justifying why a watch is peak watch] It is, from a complication perspective, literally one of the most technically accomplished watches in existence. But the base movement is technically inferior to the base movement in the 5170/5270.
A wristwatch is a thing you strap onto your wrist and have to use to tell the time. The range of “optimal” is not all that wide.
Allegedly, this one’s a hair above 12mm. Not bad.
Yeah, but you were replying to TM, who thinks 12mm is huge.

Ebitdaddy

Reaction score
Along with the usual suspects (EWC, HQ Milton), I recommend Andrew Shear of Sheartime. He is very responsive to e-mails and was able to find me a matte-dial Rolex 16800 in top condition for a competitive price that I (stupidly?) failed to jump on.
Sweet, ill check them all out! I dont trust EWC. Sold a friends watch claiming it was new/unworn when that wasnt the case.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we get serious for a moment, please? I’d like to talk about an important topic that affects us all.

Every year, millions and millions of watch collectors suffer from a devastating but preventable disease: Chronically Repulsive Anti-reflective Coating Syndrome (otherwise known as CRACS). Despite the billions of dollars that patrician horological overlords, such as Foo, pump into the watch industry, watch companies continue to ignore our CRACS, thereby equipping watches with crystals that reflect light at near-fatal rates. As our CRACS deepen, we are unable to photograph our watches in the wild without some reflective obstacle impeding what should be a clear view of our dials. Why haven’t they fixed it, you ask? I don’t know. Is it THAT hard to create a proper AR coating system that would seal all CRACS forever on all watches? Seemingly not. This bothers me. Nobody should have untreated CRACS - nobody! My CRACS, especially on Panerai, gets worse every day.

I’d love to hear from fellow collectors that are deeply afflicted in their CRACS. How do you feel and why haven’t watch companies fixed this issue? We’re here for you. I’m here for you. In the meantime, please donate to our ever-growing CRACS-prevention and treatment foundation, FooHatesPoors.org. Thank you.
View attachment 1739233
We should put together a drawn-out, dramatic commercial with a bunch of sad-faced pedestrian watch owners and a mopey Sarah McLachlan song/voice over. Then we could raise enough cash to solve this terrible problem.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very different from what a soldier returning from Moscow in the bleak of winter would have experienced … but there was the connection of the organ.
Twss

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dissyrow