• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

144, 756, 856, 900*, 6099...all look good as indestructible GMT watches.  Prices vary a lot though; I'll wait.  I just wish I could see them somewhere in person.

And then there's that whole Navitimer thing...903...who needs a GMT anyway?

Ugh.  This fascination is mind-bending.

*Big...maybe that counts as "try hard" in the @Belligero
 book.  But I love the look of it on a bracelet.

I've posted this here before, mimo....not my watch, and I know you already have an Omega....but the so-called "Great White" Seamaster GMT may be worth a look.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Quote:
Daytona (I know the logistical issues but see if there's an older model in pre-owned or something perhaps) They're all just so damn good :)

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Says the guy with an Orange Monster LOL :box:

firenze_rob

Reaction score

Hodinkee is seemingly revealing a collab watch tonight. I never actually read the site unless I'm linked to it but it's still very troubling that one of the more popular publications and tastemakers in the this hobby of ours continues to create conflicts of interest for themselves. 

In other news, the fiance and I are going to go do some tire-kicking this week or weekend. Thinking I want to try a BLNR, pepsi 16710, AP 15400(this will be a bit of a stretch), and then the above chatter has me wanting to try a Reverso Duoface as a complete change of pace. Probably do a little bit more window shopping, but those are the one's that really intrigue me. Anything else in this price range you gentlemen of excellent taste think I should look into?

Why troubling? It's not like their profit motive is hidden. I don't think you can call their journalism unbiased. Also, they sell procured watches for goodness sake and horological themed men's accessories (loony). Timezone had a number of collaborative pieces with Minerva back in the day. Then again, TZ is more of a forum than a publication.

My bet is they will unveil a time only Nomos. Then again, if they commission a 38mm Portuguesier with no branding on the face, I'll buy one.

Zenith El Primero New Vintage 1969 today.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I guess I'll do the "mine says hi" thing, @firenze_rob

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Ha! well, it's not OEM. But pretty high quality in my opinion, and I've also worn it on several other watches, with varying levels of formality.

It's one of the "SHARK" mesh versions from Strap Code.

They've got several choices...different clasp styles, polished or un-polished, etc. Most of them go for around $100 US +/-

http://www.strapcode.com/store/20mm-mesh-band-c-129.html?infoBox=2

roomiller

Reaction score
Why troubling? It's not like their profit motive is hidden. I don't think you can call their journalism unbiased. Also, they sell procured watches for goodness sake and horological themed men's accessories (loony). Timezone had a number of collaborative pieces with Minerva back in the day. Then again, TZ is more of a forum than a publication.

My bet is they will unveil a time only Nomos. Then again, if they commission a 38mm Portuguesier with no branding on the face, I'll buy one.

Call it the straw that broke the camel's back. And that camel had quite a strong and forgiving back, indeed.

Daytona (I know the logistical issues but see if there's an older model in pre-owned or something perhaps) They're all just so damn good
smile.gif

Ugh I've been hoping not to get bit by that bug. It seems dangerous. I'll definitely take a peak.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads